anujajju
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Google Assistant not available in Voice Assistants even after recent firmware upgrade. Soundbar 700

Google Assistant not visible in Voice Assitants even after upgrade to 4.0.8-6566+a79e183 . Please guide . 

Regards

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Google Assistant not available in Voice Assistants even after recent firmware upgrade. Soundb...

Hello anujajju,

Thank you very much for your message, welcome to the community!

I am very sorry that you are unable to get Google Assistant to work with your Soundbar 700. May I ask what country you are located in? At this current time Google Assistant is only available within the US. 

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

S_A
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 31, 2019

Re: Google Assistant not available in Voice Assistants even after recent firmware upgrade. Soundb...

Really sad to see the moderator comment with uncertianity to a customer who has bought a very expensive device. 

I keep refresing websites in hope of seeing a press release of the OTA for Google integration across the world. 

Living in the middle east, my phone and my google home device both supports google assistant, except for by expesive soundbar 700

MadX66
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

I fully agree to the above statement. I’m living in the Netherlands and Google assistant is already here for many months in both US and Dutch language. 

How difficult can it be to adjust the firmware on my Soundbar 700 and just have the assistant also available on my 799 euro costing speaker.

It surely does work on a 39 euro costing Google home mini speaker..

I’m truly not impressed by this time to market by Bose..

MadX66
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 31, 2019

Last tuesday Sonos implemented the Google assistent in their speaker line-up in many countries, including the Netherlands!

Come on Bose Team! Get on par with competition!