erre
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Re: Google Assistant - unsupported music service

In your community there have been more posts in the various sectors that are waiting for him

https://community.bose.com/t5/SoundTouch-Speakers/YouTube-music-service/m-p/237481#M81126

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/YouTube-Music/m-p/240893#M8856

https://community.bose.com/t5/Home-Theater/Youtube-Music-Support/m-p/235260#M19946

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Google-Assistant-unsupported-music-service/m-p/207212#M5149

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/Youtube-Music-Service/m-p/258697/highlight/false#M10609

We would just like to know when since sonos also integrated it

and it is not always correct to answer "I will certainly pass your request onto the development team for further consideration. " without giving updates on the matter
Thank you and good day

tmed
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 17, 2019

You have given  me a choice of having Google Assitant or keeping the aux on and casting through a Chromecast if I want Google music (suggesting Bluetooth is insulting, since it would not be synched with the other devices in the house),

I suspect ,u new 450 is on the way back as another great-sounding, but fatally flawed product from Bose. 

Robert.liljedahl
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 20, 2019

Bose 700 user here. I'm also awaiting a response from bose. I need support for yt music now kthx. 

Info would be great! What is the problem with dropping an update that adds support? 

DarrenPye
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 20, 2019

I literally just bought this device 30 minutes ago and the only question I had (at the Bose store) was "Does it Support Google Assistant?" and the answer was a firm "yes". Silly me though, I should have asked "Is it actually useful with Google Assistant in that it can play Google Play Music?" because why in the world would anyone care about Google Assistant on a music playback device like this unless they wanted to play music??

Seriously, this just wasted my time and now I have to go return this thing. This was the only reason I bought the device and it's basically an expensive brick at the moment. I thought I was upgrading my Google Assistant with better sound.

I've been a Bose fan for years but this was really unexpected. Until now, I associated Bose with quality but this just embarrassing for all of us. Don't claim support for something you don't REALLY support - that's so below your companies name.

t.cselle
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 19, 2017

I purchased the Bose 500 because your advertisement said that it be controled by the Google Assistant.

It is not true! Just very few features are available.

The biggest disappointment, that the Google Music Play is not availabe at all.

Are you working on it?

Tibor from Switzerland

cloud2013
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 3, 2020

Please this is such a disingenuous reply. Why would one buy a quality speaker and then connect it via a sucky protocol like Bluetooth. My speakers are going back in the box and being returned. 

erre
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

También traté de escribir en el correo electrónico de soporte, siempre las respuestas habituales (nos comunicaremos con el soporte ... se lo haremos saber ...), pero por lo que entiendo y leímos, son meses o años que todos esperamos actualizaciones y mejoras, pero nada del soporte se las arregla para darnos una respuesta concreta, es inconcebible por bose

t.cselle
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 19, 2017

Hi,

If you use Google Music Play . you have a direct connection with 320 kbit/sec. It is not running over Bluetooth.

Tibor

Gary_g
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 6, 2019

Thanks

Highlighted
Lead Community Manager

Hey everyone,

Wanted to jump in and give an update on this and thank everyone who posted on their desire to connect to Google Play Music and YouTube Music without a Bluetooth connection.

We are exploring the capability of bringing more direct playback of these services to your Bose products. Currently, these services require the integration of Chromecast, so we are working closely with our fantastic partners at Google to determine what it would require to deliver this capability, as well as deeper interoperability between Bose products and Google Home products like the Google Nest Mini and the Google Nest Hub Max.  We’ll certainly provide you with any updated information on this when it becomes available!

Wayne M

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Read about how to use the board here and make sure to check out our Community Guidelines as well! Want to leave feedback on how we can improve our Community? Check out our Feedback Forum.