BAAJR
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Google Assistant - unsupported music service

Hello! This morning I set up Google Assistant on both of my Speaker 500s (the option wasn't available yet for my Soundbar 500). After setting it up and attempting to connect my Google Play Music and/or YouTube Music I received and error saying neither were supported. Any info on this? Thanks!

Screenshot_20190522-092503.png

15 REPLIES 15

Re: Google Assistant - unsupported music service

Hi BAAJR, 

Thanks for your post. 

Could you please confirm which region you are currently located in? 

Thanks, 

Hector B - Community Support 

BAAJR
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

I live in Atlanta, GA, USA.

Community Manager

Hi BAAJR,

Thanks for confirming this information. 

To confirm, our firmware released on 21 May 2019 was for the inclusion of Google's Voice Assistant. As such, some features that are supported with Google's devices are unsupported with Bose devices at this time. At present, the Google Play music service and the YouTube Music service are not directly supported by the Google Voice Assistant integration for our range of Smart Home Speakers. 

To explore the many features that Google's Voice Assistant has to offer, feel free to ask your Bose Smart Home Speaker a question like "Okay Google, what can you do?". 

In time we hope to add more exciting features to our range of Smart Home Speakers for our users to enjoy.

If you have any additional questions, please reach out again and we'd love to help.

Kindest,

Andy B

BAAJR
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 23, 2017

Hey Andy,

Thanks for the reply!  Hopefully the other music services will be available soon.  It seems enabling Google Assistant almost nullifies the speaker's ability to receive voice commands to play music now.  

Hello BAAJR,

Thanks for getting back in touch. With the Google Assistant you should still be able to give commands to play music, could you test saying 'Okay Google, play ...radio station name'? 

Let me know how you get on!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

yvesjoa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 9, 2019

I was so impatient for the google assistant so I could play music from google play music or youtube music, or even cast from my phone to my soundbar 700 but I cant. Bose released the google assistant without support for any google product. Im a little disappointed with Bose for that.

ldh909
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 8, 2019

Here we are in September, and I am experiencing the same thing. The Google Assistant cannot play from Google Music or YouTube Music (which I don't use, anyway). Makes the speaker kind of useless with my home setup. I'll be returning mine to BestBuy tomorrow. 

Bondibyer
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 24, 2019

When are they going to make a change to be able to play YouTube Music! i just received one of these speakers as a present.... I'll be returning it as unwanted tomorrow....

Hello Bondibyer, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

You can listen to YouTube on all of our Bluetooth speakers via Bluetooth. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W