Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Google Home Account Link 500 error

I open the Google Home app to add a new device, and link a separate service. I input Bose to the search and naturally it appears:

Pic 1

I select Bose Music from the menu and it navigates to this page, where it prompts me for my bose login information:

Pic 2

I provide the information and it appears to authenticate appropriately, but encounters this error everytime:

Pic 3

I have tried on multiple different wifi networks, i've tried closing and reopening, shutting phone off and back on, logging out of accounts and back into them, using LTE instead, nothing seems to work. Any help is appreciated.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted

Re: Google Home Account Link 500 error

Hi DDDDeclan, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Bose Community. I am very sorry to hear that you are having this issue and would love to assist you further. 

Can you please confirm which system you are attempting to set Google Assistant up on as well as if you have tested another device to do this process? 

I look forward to hearing back from you and any other community members with this issue. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

I have the same issue with de lifestyle 500. Pleae help.

Highlighted

Hello WimDL, 

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am sorry that you are experiencing some issues with connecting Google Home to your System. 

Can you confirm for us what Lifestyle System you own as we do not have a Lifestyle 500 model. You can use this link to help you identify your system

Do you get any error messages come up on your device when setting up Google Assistant?

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Kind regards, 

Tegan M 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 10, 2019

Highlighted

Hello WimDL,

Thanks for getting back to us and confirming this.

The Lifestyle 550 is not compatible with Bose Music. This system uses the SoundTouch platform for streaming music. Google Assistant is not available on these devices.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

I get the exact same error message while trying to link my Google account to my Soundbar 700.

"id.api.bose.io" -> "Proxy Error Page" "500: Something went wrong"

I have downloaded firmware 6.0.15-7651+0af1f35, i.e. google should be accesable from Norway.

Highlighted

Hey Kenth, 

Thanks for posting and reaching out to us today! Sorry to hear that you are also having issues adding your Google Account. 

Can you please check to confirm that both your Google and Bose accounts are with the same email address as this can cause issues connecting. Also can you please let us know if you have this error message on the Google App or the Bose Music App? 

I would also like to know which device you are using when attempting to do this? If you have only tested one device can you please also try another? 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 2, 2019

Hey there Hector, 

Thank you for the response. I was using the google home app on my iphone 8 plus. I was unaware of another system I could use to set up the account connection. If im able to connect it through my laptop that would likely be an easier solution but im unaware of how to do it.

Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 7, 2019

I tried to create a new Bose ID with my gmail but got the same error message from the Google assistant app (redirected from Bose Music). I'm using a iPhone 8.

I then tried again with my girlfriends iPhone 7 and with her Google account and Bose ID and it worked!

Have done the excact same things on both iphones so I don't understand why I don't work on my phone.