Google Home in Australia working yet?

Quiet Contributor

Google Home in Australia working yet?

It has been a couple of days since the Google Assistant has been activated with the Home Speaker 500. But still no sign of it in the app. I only bought this because of the expected google integration.

Not happy so far.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic

Re: Google Home in Australia working yet?

@Adamj71 wrote:

It has been a couple of days since the Google Assistant has been activated with the Home Speaker 500. But still no sign of it in the app. I only bought this because of the expected google integration.

Not happy so far.

GA finally turned up for me last night. Appeared in the app and works on my Soundbar 700.

Quiet Contributor

Yes it came on board today also. Got it setup and it won't talk to google play music( which I use on all my other Google Assistant devices) Spotify Premium wont work. It just keeps saying "it looks like you haven't setup spotify premium on your bose music app" There is no way to link it. It also cannot be part of a google home speaker group. 

Already packed it up and arranged a return / refund. Sadly, it had fantastic sound.

Quiet Contributor

Bose's 'Always keep the community in the dark' policy is very frustrating. I bought my Soundbar 700 for the same functionality you're talking about and it's not there. If they could say they're working on it, that would be something and might

stop people returning their products, seems silly to me.

Audible Advocate

@Adamj71 wrote:

Yes it came on board today also. Got it setup and it won't talk to google play music( which I use on all my other Google Assistant devices) Spotify Premium wont work. It just keeps saying "it looks like you haven't setup spotify premium on your bose music app" There is no way to link it. It also cannot be part of a google home speaker group. 

Already packed it up and arranged a return / refund. Sadly, it had fantastic sound.

I have google working yesterday from Australia and works.

yes google music isn’t supported yet but hopfully soon

with Spotify you need to link spotify in the Bose app for it to work

click on the icon top right and then select manage music services 

then add Spotify...

A0F13614-A098-49E8-80DF-A96F8AD89BC2.jpeg