Google Integration

Animated Arbiter

Google Integration

Hi Guys 

I bought the Soundbar 700 and Bass Module about 3 weeks ago, So far im very happy with the sound and quality, Like a few others have mentioned, the Bass is a little on the quiet side but have pumped up the Bass/Treble to 60/40 but hopefully that is fixed in a future firmware update 

One thing that I am finding a big dissapointment is the lack of Google integration, Google Assitant (let's be honest, she is way better than Alexa) and also we really need Google Play Music as an option in the Bose Music App as a "Music Service", There is a MASSIVE userbase out there that you are alieanating not bringing this in because its also well documented on these forums that many are having issues with Bluetooth connectivity.......... Also, I own QC35ii's and that has google assistant so surely this cant be too hard to implement into the soundbars!

I know when I bought it all the articles said "Bose are working on other assistants to be released early 2019"....well we are in early 2019 .......... When is the Google assistant/integration going to happen (and please please dont give me the cut/paste "We are currently working on new voice assistants for the Bose Smart Home speaker line, however we cannot provide specifics regarding which Voice Assistant will be added or any timing." ............. Give us some good news and dates as we are now past "early 2019"  

93 REPLIES 93
Animated Arbiter

Re: Google Integration

Anyone from Bose care to comment !?!??

Community Manager

Hi Gooner21,

Thanks for taking the time to write in!  

We do understand that a lot of users utilize other services and VPAs such as Google and we appreciate the feedback.  There are still plans to release different VPAs to the Smart Home lineup, however we do not have any further information at this time regarding an ETA or which VPAs will be added.  My best recommendation is to keep an eye on the boards as we will add a sticky post about any new updates or features.  

In the meantime, my best recommendation at this time is to use the Bluetooth feature of the soundbar to utilize the Google Music service.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Animated Arbiter

Thanks for replying.... Although there are no dates.... It's better than nothing, let's hope its sooner (next 3 months) rather than later (any longer)
Community Manager

Hi Gooner21,

We wanted to get back to you as we have some exciting news! 

We will be officially releasing Google Assistant to the Smart Home speakers Spring 2019.  I know users have been requesting this and we've been listening.  Thank you for your patience and your continued support!

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Wistful Whisperer

Hello,

I assume the update will include Home Speaker 500. Please confirm.

In addition, will more services - such as Tidal - be included as well?

Thank you!

@Tony_A wrote:

Hi Gooner21,

We will be officially releasing Google Assistant to the Smart Home speakers Spring 2019.  I know users have been requesting this and we've been listening.  Thank you for your patience and your continued support!

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter

Hi @Tony_A 

Thats awesome, thanks mate

I'm in Australia so its Summer here, I assume you mean Northern Hemisphere Spring ? Ie within the next 3 months?

@Tony_A wrote:

Hi Gooner21,

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Community Manager

HI all,

Thanks for the replies and interest with the Google Assistant integration!

Yes, this will apply to all Smart Home speakers which include the Soundbar 700, Soundbar 500, and Home Speaker 500 as well.  We are looking at a Spring 2019 release, and yes, this would be the Northern hemisphere.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Audible Advocate

Is there a timeline to have Google Music avaialble through the Bose App ? Right now i have no music services avaialble in Canada beyond your limited Tune In integration and Spotify (only if youhave the premium version) . 

This was advertised as being compatible with major music services, but right now Amazon Music is not supported in Canada, and neither is Google Music/YouTube Music. 

Can Bose provide any updates on this, or is it another issue we have to live with after spending $2k on the bose bar and Bass Module? 

Strident Supporter

@Tony_A wrote:

Hi Gooner21,

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Amazing news Tony!!!!

I’m already excited