RJ Pablo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 4, 2019

Re: Google Integration

@Tony_A wrote:

Hi Gooner21,

We wanted to get back to you as we have some exciting news! 

We will be officially releasing Google Assistant to the Smart Home speakers Spring 2019.  I know users have been requesting this and we've been listening.  Thank you for your patience and your continued support!

Hi Tony, 

would this include Google Music/YouTube Music being avaialble through the Bose app? 

Warm Regards,

Tony A

Hi RJ Pablo,

Thanks for your interest.

I am afraid we have no information regarding the use of Google Music/YouTube Music being available. However as mentioned previously if we have any updates for everyone, this will placed as a sticky post in the community forums.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

undrewb
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 10, 2019

So if I buy a soundbar today will I get this update when it becomes available?

ericwky
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Mar 10, 2019

If I get a Bose Home 500 speaker today, are you saying we will all get a simple software update (later this year) so the speaker can be intergartaed/work with Google assistant ( i.e. connection with google home with voice control)? Or are you saying we should wait until the new version comes out then we buy brand new?

Twan_D
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

As you see Tony A and Leon_C can't agree within the same company what the future will bring.

MSmithBose
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 23, 2018

"So if I buy a soundbar today will I get this update when it becomes available?"

Yes.  It will be a software update that enables Google Assistant on the existing smart home line up.  Ex. I have a soundbar 700, which currently only has Alexa, but sometime in Spring 2019, a software/firmware update will become available which will give it Google Assistant as well.

UlfS
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 6, 2019

Hi,

I wonder if this applies to the soundtouh series of speakers as well? Also when speaking if Google assistant, does it mean full integration with Google Home?

brgds

Ulf

Hi everyone,

At the time of posting, there is no more information available regarding google assistant than has already been stated.

When more information pertaining to this is made available, you can be sure that we will update you all through the Community!

I hope this helps clear this up!

Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

@Liam_W wrote:

Hi everyone,

At the time of posting, there is no more information available regarding google assistant than has already been stated.

When more information pertaining to this is made available, you can be sure that we will update you all through the Community!

I hope this helps clear this up!

This makes no sense, We were told above Google Asssitant will be released in Spring....We are now in Spring and your telling us "there is no more information avaialble".................... What is going on ??

Highlighted
MSmithBose
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 23, 2018

It's pretty simple.  Last day of spring is June 21.  We should get an update to the new smart speaker line prior to that which enables Google Assistant functionality.  No additional information is available beyond that and probably won't be until the update is released.  Liam_W was just reitterating that.