nexusg
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 2, 2019

Re: Google Integration

It is mid May of 2019, Any updates on Google Assistant support on Bose Soundbar 700?

Hello Nexusg, 

We currently have no information available to share in regards to Google Assistant support on our line of smart speakers. Please keep checking back as any announcements for new services and features will be posted on the Bose community first. 

Kind regards, 

Jeff G

DanielF96
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

Google assistant must be on its way, I received an email from Bose today re: Bose speaker families | Made for the way you live

And under smart speakers it says “Voice control
The Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa built-in.”
Buic
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 16, 2019

Disappointed, it was said to be released Spring 2019, but no further information can be disclosed at the moment.
Months after months.
MSmithBose
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 23, 2018

floooowk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

Hi,

I'm glad to see that Google Assistant is about to be released on Bose range.
 But this feature is yet only available in the US. In France, Google Assistant was announced by Bose for spring 2019 too. Could we hope an update in the next few days or next weeks? Could you please confirm spring 2019? Or will we have to wait long months again?

Hello floooowk, 

Thank you for your post and interest in Google Assistant integration. 

I can certainly confirm that Google Assistant will be coming available in France for our Smart Speaker, however, we do not have any information regarding a time span at this point. 

More information will be provided as it is rolled out and becomes available. 

If you have any further questions, please do get back to us. 

Warm Regards,

Charlotte 

Highlighted
floooowk
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 14, 2019

Thank you for your answer 🙂

I just hope there is no delay, as Bose french team announced Google Assistant for spring too . But there is one month left before summer 😉

nexusg
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 2, 2019

Thanks for reply, I know that you released google assistant in US. Very happy for my American friends. I live in the Netherlands, and I was able to configure google assistant using vpn :). It seems that you need to trick Bose app that you are in the US, and than everything works fine. But I have a couple remarks about google support. First of all, it looks like i can only use one Spotify account, while google assistant can support Spotify per user who is asking to play ( I have Spotify family and each family member is recognized normally on google device but on Bose it looks like only one use. So when I go to work and listen music, my family members can not play music at home because I am using aSpotify account elsewhere.

Still very happy about you updat.

Hope you can fix it in the near future,

Thank

Hello nexusg,

Thank you for your input. It's great to hear you are excited about the update. 

I'd like to remind users that we do not recommend the use of VPNs. 

With that aside, we thank you for your feedback and will pass this back to our development team to consider. 

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G