Woshiham
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 21, 2019

Re: Google Integration

Would the google upgrade work on existing Bose Soundbar 700 Devices or do we need to completely buy a new one? I just got mine in December. Thanks.

Hello Woshiham,

Thank you for your first post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

I can confirm that you do not need to buy a new Soundbar 700. The integration will be rolled out via an over-the-air update. 

Firmware Versions

• Home Speaker 500: 4.0.6 
  • Soundbar 500: 4.0.8 
  • Soundbar 700: 4.0.8 

To receive the updated firmware, please leave your smart speaker connected to the Internet. The speaker will download the firmware in the background and install it when it’s idle sometime during the next 2:00AM-5:00AM local time window.

It is also essential to have the latest version of the Bose Music App to activate Google Assistant. 

Bose Music App: (No update but latest version required) 

• Android: Latest or: 1.7.2 
  • iOS: Latest or: 1.7.2 

If you have any questions or queries, do not hesitate to reach out to us. 

Warm Regards,

Charlotte 

jrobidoux
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2019

Hi Charlotte,

I currently have a soundbar 700 with the version number you mentioned and the Bose music app is also at the correct version but, I still don't see the choice to add Google assistant in the settings. ( Only Alexa)

Do I need to reboot device?

Hello jrobidoux,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

Would you be able to confirm which country you are located in?

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

Albert Toh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

When will Google integration come to Singapore?

jrobidoux
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2019

Canada

Hello Albert & jrobidoux,

Thanks for posting in the community, we currently have no updates as to when Google Assitant will be available in Singapore or Canada. To keep up to date with the latest integration news regularly check the community and our social media accounts.

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Have a great day!

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

Highlighted
MSmithBose
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 23, 2018

Gahhh...Not sure how this was implemented but doesn't appear to be in a normal fashion for a Google Home Speaker.  It does have Google Assistant, but you can't add it to any Google Home Speaker Groups.  Further, the Google Home app doesn't recognize it as a speaker at all so if you click on it, you can't control volume or play music from it, etc.  I think it's because it's implemented as a linked device/account from the Bose app, rather than a native Google Home device.  Compare that to say my Insignia Google Home Speaker which shows up no different than any Google Home device and can be added to Google Home Speaker Groups, or my Sheild TV which shows up no different than a Chromecast and has full playback/volume control.

Bose Mods...Can we add a feature request to allow to be added to Google Home Speaker Groups?  Whole home audio isn't possible without it.

Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

@Charlotte_G wrote:

Hello jrobidoux,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

Would you be able to confirm which country you are located in?

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

Australia ??? 

Hello MSmithBose, 

Thank you for your input in this thread regarding Google Assistant. 

I completely understand your frustration and how this feature would be beneficial. I will certainly mark this as a feature request and pass along to our development team to review. 

In the meantime, if you have any questions, please do reach out to us and we will be happy to help. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G