Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Re: Google Integration

You are joking arent you?!?!?, Thats the reason I started this whole bloody post, the whole house is decked out with Google homes/Minis and the "group speaker" feature allows me to play music through the whole house.....Are you guys for real Bose !??! why the hell would you not release this feature straight away !??!...thats just idiotic

@MSmithBose wrote:

Gahhh...Not sure how this was implemented but doesn't appear to be in a normal fashion for a Google Home Speaker.  It does have Google Assistant, but you can't add it to any Google Home Speaker Groups.  Further, the Google Home app doesn't recognize it as a speaker at all so if you click on it, you can't control volume or play music from it, etc.  I think it's because it's implemented as a linked device/account from the Bose app, rather than a native Google Home device.  Compare that to say my Insignia Google Home Speaker which shows up no different than any Google Home device and can be added to Google Home Speaker Groups, or my Sheild TV which shows up no different than a Chromecast and has full playback/volume control.

Bose Mods...Can we add a feature request to allow to be added to Google Home Speaker Groups?  Whole home audio isn't possible without it.

Ankit_sh
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 18, 2019

Hi

I am in Australia. Soundbar 700 got the latest firmware today but in the Bose Music app, I still don’t have access to add or select Google Assistant for Voice Assistant.

Do you have any date or timeline on when this feature will be available in Australia?

How come we get a firmware upgrade which talks about a feature but not the feature itself? Will there be any other firmware upgrade to push the Assistant feature on the speakers? Confused???

Hello Gooner21. 

Thank you for getting back to me and confirming your location.

This would explain why you are not seeing the Google Assistant as it is not yet available in Australia. 

Currently, Google Assistant is only available in the US but we will be sure to update everyone when it becomes available in different countries/regions.

Sorry for any confusion.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G

Hello Ankit_sh,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Bose Community. 

As I just stated to user @Gooner21, Google Assistant is only available in the US at this present moment.

We do not have any information regarding releases in other countries/regions as of yet.

Thank you for your patience and we will be sure to update the community when we know more. 

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to get back to us.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Buic
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 16, 2019

When will Soundtouch 300 get google asistant supported?
Highlighted
MSmithBose
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 23, 2018

It doesn't appear to be a Google Cast device.  That's the most important feature of any Google Assistant device (with adding to a Google Home Speaker group being a very close second).  In fact, I think this might be the only Google Assistant device on the market that's not a Google Cast device. 

Bose Mods...Can we add a feature request to make it a Google Cast device?  Thanks!

zrpls
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 21, 2019

Any ETA for Singapore? Now all my music have to be played on my Google Homes, 😞

Hi All, 

Thanks for your posts and I am glad to see that we are all eager to use Google Assistant. As stated above by Moderator @Charlotte_G we don't currently have any information on release dates for regions or products. 

We appreciate your patience on this matter and will update the community and social channels as soon as we know more. In regards to the feature requests, they will be passed onto the development team as a suggestion. 

If there is anything else that we can assist with please do reach back out to us! 

Thanks,

Hector B 

CY Master
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 9, 2019

Hi there, I understand that Google Assistant is now only available for EN/US but can you let me know whether Asia markets - especially Hong Kong - are in your roadmap as well?

Thanks.

Hi CY Master, 

Thanks for posting. 

I don't have any information on if Google Assistant will be made available in Asia Markets. Sorry that I couldn't assist further on this topic. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B