Drigga
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

Re: Google Integration

Try to remove spotify and link it again.
My assistant works flawless with Spotify.
Tonio972
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Jun 10, 2019

Hi Zoe,
Thanks for that (hopefully France will also be released soon).
Just wanted to know if there will be compatibility with Lifestyle 650 (bought yesterday...), not to control directly (as I assume there is no mic on lifestyle) but at least to be able to add Bose services/speaker with Google Assistant and therefore being able to recognize and control my ls 650 from my Google Home.

Got my google home connected via Bluetooth to ls650, but that’s not really satisfying (inconstant stream, not possible to add ls650 in group speakers within google home).
Can you shed some light please ?

Thanks
Antoine

Hello @Tonio972,

Thank you for your continued interest in our products!

As the year progresses, we do intend to support a wider range of regions with Google Voice Assistant through our Bose Music app.

Whilst I cannot comment if there is any kind of support expected for GVA with SoundTouch systems at this time, I will pass your feedback for this feature on for you.

At the current time, I would advise using the Bluetooth method to control other speakers in your setup.

If you have any questions, please do get back to me!

Liam W

Klaneos
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

When will the Google Assistant be integrated into the Bose 700 Soundbar in Australia?

Surely you guys have a date by now?

Hi Klaneos, 

Thanks for posting and reaching back out to us today. 

We don't currently have any further information regarding Google Integration in Australia. I am sorry that I don't have any update for you at this moment in time, I would recommend that you keep your eyes on our social channels as well as the community for the latest information. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Steinbr2
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Any updates on the availability of support for Google Music? The lack of support really is a deal breaker for many of the same people who waited patiently for Google Assistant integration. 

Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

@Steinbr2 wrote:

Any updates on the availability of support for Google Music? The lack of support really is a deal breaker for many of the same people who waited patiently for Google Assistant integration. 

100% agree, thats the main reason I started this thread, Google Intergration so I can request music via my Google Play account..... Then find out cant even group it with my other Google speakers and.....Its not even realeased in Australia (and its halfway though the year and they dont even have a "date")............... Loosing faith to be honest 

Hi Steinbr2 and Gooner21, 

Thanks for posting and providing us with this feedback as this is something that we value highly here at Bose. 

At this moment in time, I don't have any further update regarding Google Music and Google Assistant in your region. We will post on the community and social media as soon as this is available. If there is anything else that you would like to see integrated into Google Assistant please do let me know and I would love to forward this onto the relevant teams for you. I appreciate your patience with us for these features. 

I would encourage the community to also post any new features that you would like to see implemented. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
Steinbr2
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Thanks Hector.  I appreciate that you can't commit to specific timelines but hopefully I can take your response as confirmation that Google Play integration is on the roadmap, and will try to wait patiently.  😉

I would agree with others that being able to add the soundbar to a speaker group is another other critical feature.

In my setup I also have a Chomecast Ultra connected to my TV that this soundbar is connected to.  I don't know if this is common, but it would be very helpful to be able to set a Default TV for the Soundbar device so when I ask it to Play Video, it can cast directly to the connected Chromecast.

Thanks, and I appreciate the responsiveness!

Brian

rkous
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

This! I need this too. I was hoping that I'd be able to add the Bose speakers to Google speaker groups, but it turned out not possible. I was disappointed.