Steinbr2
Friendly Fanatic
  • 5
  • 4
  • 0
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Re: Google Integration

Another feature that is missing is the ability to receive Broadcast messages.  We have several Google Homes throughout the house and often use the Broadcast feature to tell the kids something.  From the Bose built in Assistant I can send a Broadcast message, but when one is sent from another Google Home, the Bose soundbar does not play it.

Highlighted
rkous
Friendly Fanatic
  • 6
  • 10
  • 0
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Re: Google Integration

Yes, I would very much like the Bose speakers to support Google Cast and speaker groups.

The Bose speaker grouping functionality is not persistent, so you have to group them each time again using the Bose music app. This is not a very good user experience.

rkous
Friendly Fanatic
  • 6
  • 10
  • 0
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Re: Google Integration

OK, so I replied a few times and liked a few posts, but I think this is sums it up for the things currently lacking in Bose's Google Assistant support:

1. Google Cast support for audio;

2. Google Home (persistent) Speaker Groups support;

3. Google Home broadcast support.

 

Bose, it would totally rock if your speakers would support this.

Thanks!

Gooner21
Animated Arbiter
  • 21
  • 34
  • 0
Registered since

Jan 6, 2019

Re: Google Integration


@rkous wrote:

OK, so I replied a few times and liked a few posts, but I think this is sums it up for the things currently lacking in Bose's Google Assistant support:

1. Google Cast support for audio;

2. Google Home (persistent) Speaker Groups support;

3. Google Home broadcast support.

 

Bose, it would totally rock if your speakers would support this.

Thanks!


 

 

and 4 - GOOGLE PLAY MUSIC !

rkous
Friendly Fanatic
  • 6
  • 10
  • 0
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Re: Google Integration


I found out that Google Home Broadcasting actually works, so then it only leaves the following two items on my wishlist:
1. Google Cast support;

2. Google Home Speaker Group support;

 

@Steinbr2 wrote:

Another feature that is missing is the ability to receive Broadcast messages.  We have several Google Homes throughout the house and often use the Broadcast feature to tell the kids something.  From the Bose built in Assistant I can send a Broadcast message, but when one is sent from another Google Home, the Bose soundbar does not play it.


 

Steinbr2
Friendly Fanatic
  • 5
  • 4
  • 0
Registered since

Jul 9, 2019

Re: Google Integration

Thanks.  I was pleased to discover that broadcast is now working as well.  Appreciate you calling it to our attention.

 

Google Play Music remains the only must have that is still missing.  Ability to add speaker to a group would also be nice.

 

 

 

 

MSmithBose
Friendly Fanatic
  • 15
  • 22
  • 0
Registered since

Jul 23, 2018

Re: Google Integration

Adding to Google Speaker Group is huge for me.  Throwing a party and having whole home audio follow you as go from room to room is awesome.  But then having to explain to everyone that the reason it doesn't work in my family room is because the best and most expensive speakers I have (my Bose family room setup) doesn't support it, is just awkward, not to mention kills the experience (since it's the most popular room) and comes off as bad PR for Bose as everyone says "That's crazy!".

Alsies
Friendly Fanatic
  • 2
  • 5
  • 0
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Re: Google Integration

I'm quite disappointed that Google Home speaker group integration is not enabled and also that Google Music is also not supported. They are major pieces in the jigsaw that makes for an effective home network. Not sure what the issue is, considering the premium prices we pay for Bose products when products half to 2/3 the price have these abilities. I'm a little underwhelmed with my Home Speaker 500, consequently.

When will Bose understand that companies that don't listen to what their customers want are the ones that suffer.

Alsies
Friendly Fanatic
  • 2
  • 5
  • 0
Registered since

Jul 20, 2019

Re: Google Integration

So when you request a Google Broadcast, say through your phone, the message is broadcast through your Google speakers as well as the Bose? Mine is only still broadcasting through the Google speakers, not the Bose. I'm in Australia.

rkous
Friendly Fanatic
  • 6
  • 10
  • 0
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Re: Google Integration


That is correct.
I can broadcast through my phone, through one of the Google Home speakers, or through one of the Bose Smart Home speakers, and it will sound through all speakers.
So it works for me.
The Google broadcast feature can be a bit iffy tho. In the beginning it didn't sound through one of the Google Home speakers, no matter what I did. This eventually resolved itself somehow.
A friend of mine still has the issue with his Google Home speakers that the broadcast doesn't sound through one of the Google Homes. Don't know what causes it, but it seems a more generic issue with Google Assistent instead of an issue with the Bose speakers.
@Alsies wrote:

So when you request a Google Broadcast, say through your phone, the message is broadcast through your Google speakers as well as the Bose? Mine is only still broadcasting through the Google speakers, not the Bose. I'm in Australia.