Re: Google Integration

Hello Alexmonty85,

Thanks for posting in the community. At the moment Google Assistant is only available in the US, I am sorry there is no release date for Canda yet. Keep an eye on the communities for updates on Google Assistant integration updates. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

gummih
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

When will the Google assistant be available in European markets?

I just feel sorry for the poor people that are put in the position to sell these as Smart speakers!? In my area there is nothing smart about them, no voice asssistant available, they are app operated wifi radio/spotify speakers as is. Your sales must look bad there in comparison to the US?

Hello Alexmonty85,

Thanks for posting in the community, I am sorry to hear that you are not happy with the current Google Assistant integration. We have no new update on a release date for Google Assistant in Europe, keep an eye on the community for updates on release dates. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C

CY Master
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Feb 9, 2019

Hi Drigga,

What vpn would you recommend? Am I supposed to just install and run a vpn app on my smart phone and then run the bose app?

Thank you. 

Drigga
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

You can do a trial with NordVPN or ExpressVPN.
Just install the vpn app, chose an US server and then open Bose Music. You should then be able to set up Google Assistant. Once you did, just switch off and enjoy;) Works flawless for me

Regards
Danmarc
Strident Supporter
Registered since

May 23, 2019

VPN is a solution, unfortunately just a partial one.

Why, because you have to be also in a region were Google Assistant is downloadable.

With NordVPN, both Alexa and Google Assistant appeared in Bose Music as Voice Assistants, but when I try to download Google Assistant, the AppStore sais that is not available in my region :(.

And Apple AppStore is way difficult to foolish.

With Alexa, things are OK, but only if you already have the Prime account.

Drigga
Strident Supporter
Registered since

Jan 21, 2019

Tks for information.
I thought that Google Assistant is available in every region of the world.

The only solution for that people seems to be either a sideload or a jailbreak.

Or just borrow an android device for set up. I don‘t think that there are any restrictions for regions.
gummih
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 1, 2019

The VPN trick works, I can now speak to the Bose Home 500 to start Spotify and adjust volume..

But the main problem lies in how the Bose team defined the Google Home integration. They made it so the Bose speaker doesn't show up as a regular speaker in Google Home so the speaker still remains an isolated device in my apartment.

It means I can't cast audio to it from my phone.

And I can't link it with other (non-Bose) speakers in my home.

This means that when I tell the Google assistant to play music on ALL speakers throughout my home, the Bose speaker remains silent and useless. 

Bose, please remedy this as quickly as possible because until then my 2004 model living room surround system that is connected to my Chromecast enabled TV is more useable as a living room speaker than the brand new Bose speaker sitting there.

miguelsantos
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jun 4, 2019

Hi, how are you? VPN did the trick of allowing to activate the Assistant (even in spanish for me), and I see it on google home too. But when I ask it to play spotify, it says it cannot do it on the bar (here) but in other devices...

strange...any clue?

anruvel
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 21, 2019

Hello Miguel

In my opinion it is a question of time. We should keep the patience, this option will arrive to Spain late or soon, I hope. Anyway Alexa runs perfectly for my use, excepting some functionalities that would be a good idea include on it, like including a song in a list, or say favorites.

By other hand, if you have your device connected to VPN directly I can't found an clarify for the reason that bar not connect to Google Assistant.

Kind regards