rkous
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Re: Google Integration

Bose, I'm still missing a few important Google integrations. 

Would you please add:

1. Google Cast support, so I can play music from other apps than Spotify (you can do that via Bluetooth, but that's not as good and your phone's notifications also sound through the music);

2. Google Home Speaker Group support (so I can play music from Spotify straight to a group of speakers. Now I have to always select one speaker first, then open the Bose app, select that speaker and create a group. E-ve-ry-time);

3. VoiceMatch (all Google Home speakers support VoiceMatch, so I can ask what's on my calendar, but other people can't. The Bose speakers don't have this privacy feature)

stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

@rkous wrote:

Bose, I'm still missing a few important Google integrations. 

Would you please add:

1. Google Cast support, so I can play music from other apps than Spotify (you can do that via Bluetooth, but that's not as good and your phone's notifications also sound through the music);

2. Google Home Speaker Group support (so I can play music from Spotify straight to a group of speakers. Now I have to always select one speaker first, then open the Bose app, select that speaker and create a group. E-ve-ry-time);

3. VoiceMatch (all Google Home speakers support VoiceMatch, so I can ask what's on my calendar, but other people can't. The Bose speakers don't have this privacy feature)

Same here please !! I did also notice that setting alarms didn’t work ... Google acknowledges the command saying alarms been set but if you then ask about any alarms it says nothing there.. and didn’t go off funnily enough. 

Anyone else have that?

rkous
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jul 12, 2019

Setting timers and alarms work for me.

@stupoox wrote:
I did also notice that setting alarms didn’t work ... Google acknowledges the command saying alarms been set but if you then ask about any alarms it says nothing there.. and didn’t go off funnily enough. 

Anyone else have that?

stupoox
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Feb 19, 2019

Thanks for that, tried it again after re-linking accounts etc and works fine now 🙂

On the other hand, it would be GREAT to be able to add it to a speaker group in Google Home !!