Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Google assistant for Chile Home speaker 500

After doing some research knowing Alexa was not available for Chile and being a Bose user for some years I decided to get the HS 500, just to find that I got a pricey dumb speaker that sounds great.

By the way the store Bose SME failed to emphasize that if I first didn't update SW on the speaker I would be able to link with the app, it took me a couple of frustrating hours to find this through internet search.

I feel somehow disappointed 🤨😟

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Google assistant for Chile Home speaker 500

Hello Daniel, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

It is great to hear that you are a loyal Bose customer. We are working hard to bring all the features of our Smart Home range to more countries, We thank you for your understanding and patience. In the meantime, I am sorry that you had some issues setting up your speaker. 

Are they resolved now, or can I help in any way? 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 1, 2019

Re: Google assistant for Chile Home speaker 500

Hi Vicky

I know alexa doesn't work in Chile, but I need to know a way to connect at least Google assistant, the VPN connection solution demmands I have a router that can stablish a VPN so both the speaker and the phone with the app are on the same network! I've seen 25US$ speakers using google assistant here.

Can you please help with an alternate solution? Or how many months does your IT Dept. figure it will take to have a solution?