letaage
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

Google assistant problem after latest firmware update

Hello,

I have started having trouble with Google assistant with my Home speaker 500 after the latest firmware update.

We have only had the speaker for a couple of months and Google assistant was working prior to the latest firmware update. We could use it to play from Spotify and TuneIn and other voice commands worked, eg volume control, weather, internet searches and other generic commands.

After the latest firmware update Google Assistant has stopped working for some actions.  Generic voice commands work (volume control, weather etc) but voice commands to play music do not work any more.

When I ask to play anything from Spotify or TuneIn I get the normal response so it appears to start to work (eg it tells me that it finds the requested track etc) but then says "Sorry it looks like kitchen is not available right now". Kitchen is the name of the speaker.

It is not having Wifi connection problems because it has been streaming music while I have been testing voice commands.

Playback from Spotify and TuneIn works from the Bose music app and from presets, and Spotify Connect works only playback from voice commands is broken.

I have tried power cycling the device, and removing Google assistant account and adding it back but this has not fixed the issue. 

Any advice?  

Google Assistant voice control of music was the primary reason we bought the Homes speaker 500.

Regards,

Tom

2 REPLIES 2
letaage
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

Re: Google assistant problem after latest firmware update

Ok so updating my progess with fixing the issue...

A factory reset fixed the problem with Google Assistant (annoying) but now I have a new problem.

The home speaker 500 does not show the aux input or Bluetooth options in the Bose music app any more.

About to try reinstalling the app to see if that helps.

letaage
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Aug 1, 2019

Re: Google assistant problem after latest firmware update

So killing and restarting the Bose music app on my phone (android) resorted the Bluetooth and Aux options.

Not quite a seamless firmware upgrade experience....