Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2020

Google assistant voice command sound bar 700 spotify wont play

Hello,

I recently purchased a Bose Sound Bar 700 and configure and update successfully Spotify and Google Assistant on it, all comands such as turning on or off a light are being well received by the bar and executed, however whenever I ask to play a song directly with a voice command to the bar, the GA from the bar  replies " Ok I will play the "requested" song on "bar" after the instruction is confirmed and executed nothing else happens the bar does not sound anymore and won´t play the requested song.

I don´t understand why this is happening seems as if the bar cannot play directly the requested songs from a voice command, on the other hand whenever I use the Bose Music app and select direclty a song, the bar does play the song without problems.

Im located in Mexico and all google services and Bose services as per your webpage are available.

I have reset to factory setting 3 times and nothing changes, my wifi is fully active and have re started the router many times, it seems an internal software problem from the bar.

Awaiting the support from a qualified Bose technician please.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Google assistant voice command sound bar 700 spotify wont play

Hey @Jose Limon, thanks for posting!

I am sorry that you seem to be initiating playback through Spotify using the Google Assistant on your Soundbar 700. 

When this happens, do you notice a particular status with the light bar? 

To control a music service with a voice request to the Google Assistant, the service must be added to both your Google account and your Bose account. Open the Bose Music app and Google Home app and check that the service has been linked to your account for both apps.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Participant
Registered since

Nov 26, 2020

Hello @Charlotte_G ,

Spotify service is linked on both accounts, google and bose music app, both services are using the same account, so the problem is not there.

Regarding the status light on the bar, once it finishes saying that the music will sound, it turn off and nothing else happens. As mentioned on my previous post, the bar dont do anything else once the instruction has been executed.

Thanks and will be looking forward in your further support.

Thank you for coming back to us! 

I would recommend removing the Google Assistant from the application and then re-adding it. I would also recommend doing this with Spotify as well. Once complete, test again. 

I look forward to hearing from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!