meegoos
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 22, 2019

Google assistant

When is swedish google assistant being rolled out to soundbar 500?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Google assistant

Hello meegoos,

Thank you for messaging the community. 

At this time we do not have any information in regards to the integration of Google Assistant with our products in Sweden. If we gain any further information regarding this we will inform the community.

We appreciate your patience at this time. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support

AndrewR
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2019

Hi there.

I bought my wife the Bose 300 smart speaker when in Australia and when setting it up in Sweden the Google Assistant is not available. 

Curious as to why as Google Assistant works on my mobile no problems in Sweden.

Apart from using my phone connected to the speaker, is there any work around to have Google Assistant working on the Bose 300 in Sweden at the moment? 

Amazing sound by the way 🙂 

Hello @AndrewR

Thank you very much for messaging the community, we're glad to hear that you are enjoying your Speaker.

At this time, the Bose system incorporation of Google Assistant is not currently available in Sweden. We apologise if this causes any disappointment. If we get work on this being incorporated within your region we will be sure to inform the community as well as via our website and social pages. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

AndrewR
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2019

Hi Tegan M

Many thanks for your quick response. OK, that is a big shame as this was the sole reason for buying the speaker for my wife but not much we can do 😉

May I ask the reason for this so that I can understand? I mean presumably the speaker works with assistant in Australia.  I did not open it as it was  a present for the wife.

But then when the speaker comes to Sweden, Google Assistant is not available. Is it a licensing thing? As Google Assistant works great in our mobiles here. 

Cheers

Andree2

Hello Andrew,

Thank you for getting back to us, I do apologise that this has provided some disappointment. 

Unfortunately it is not down to Bose as to which countries this component comes available in. This is down to Google, you could attempt reaching out to Google to see whether they have any further information regarding this, however we have no further information in regards to this. 

Kind regards,

Tegan M