Jerryjo123
Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Google link

I've just tried setting up the Home 500 and linked to Google. However, as much as it appears to operate happily with the Assistant, when I try to integrate the Bose into my current Google Nest hub, the problems begin.

Specifically, the Google Home app isnt happy accommodating the new Bose speaker. I've already set up the Bose app successfully but it appears the two apps conflict. As such, the leaves me with being forced to talk to the Bose speaker and the Google home speaker separately. This is ludicrous and a glitch that leaves me stranded when the voice instructions were aimed to control both speakers together. Adding Google speakers to Google home hub worked and it seems adding Bose additional speakers to the 500 would be successful but I foresee the Bose being returned to the store. Great shame. I've even ventured into the Spotify app and attempted joining the two systems that way but impossible. 😥

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_W

Re: Google link

Hello Jerryjo123, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

On our speakers we use an integration of the Google Assistant, this means that some features are not yet available, even if they are on the Google Assistants provided directly by Google.

We are continuously working to bring new and exciting features to our products using our voice assistants. I will make sure to pass on your feedback to the development team regarding this feature request, However, keep an eye on our Community Forums and on our social media pages for more things to come. I am sure you will be as excited as I am when a new feature is released. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Jerryjo123
Participant
Registered since

Dec 21, 2019

Re: Google link

Hi, thanks for the update.

It's been a while and I've moved on with a multitude of speaker configurations and therefore feel it's time to update you on the scenario I'm encountering.

I own four Google speakers and operate these via voice, naturally, plus the Google home all and powered musically via Spotify.

I've just bought a new 500 Bose home speaker since Bose claimed to enable interaction with Google.

Clearly, this isn't the case.

I can add Bose to my Google app, having already added the Bose app and joined accounts.

I can see the Bose speaker in the app but if you try and integrate it into a named Google group of speakers or even try to play in the app, the Bose speaker icon sits there redundant.

So far, this expensive investment has achieved nothing.

I guess I'll have to settle with Google speakers only or get rid of them conveniently for Bose as voice activation is pointless as my Google speakers respond and Bose wont.

I can operate the Bose manually via Spotify app or Bose app.

Again, Hey, Google command prioritizes Google speakers and ignores Bose.

Any ideas please?

Google and Alexa have got it right.

Bose- you're not going to be successful all the time you tease people suggesting a feature exists yet is flawed.

Yes, I could expand the 500 and buy even more Bose compatible Bose speakers and then control via one app, Bose i guess?? But what a cost!

Your comments would be welcomed as I see the Bose going back in the box...