meRveet
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Grouping Bose Soundbar 700 with other Google Mini Speakers.

Hi I understand that Google assistant allows all the speakers to be in sync and play music together. However, I was unable to add my Bose Soundbar 700 into the group that I've created. Anyone has tried this and is successful?

14 REPLIES 14

Re: Grouping Bose Soundbar 700 with other Google Mini Speakers.

Hello meRveet,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community, I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble connecting your Soundbar 700. I would be more than happy to help you with this today, could you please tell me at what point the adding to group process it fails? Do you get an error message?

I have also attached a link to an article that you or other community members may find useful.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Kindest regards,
Zoe C - Community Support 

meRveet
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Hi, Zoe. I'm referring to adding bose speakers in Google assistant group not in bose music app. 

Hello meRveet, 

I am sorry for the confusion there. Can I please ask which region you are in as this can affect your ability to use Google Assitant. If a country is not listed, it does not support Google Assistant integration with Bose products.

• Canada
  • France
  • Germany
  • Netherlands
  • United Kingdom
  • United States

I look forward to your response. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

The_K_Locker
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

Is there plans or a schedule to bring Google assistant support to other regions? I'm in Australia.

Hello The_K_Locker,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! At the momenet, there are no updates on Google Assistant integration in Australia, I will pass a request for integration in Australia to the development team fo you. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

The_K_Locker
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 18, 2019

My home uses Google products and I only bought the Bose soundbar 700 because I thought it had Google assistant. Is there any sure way of getting it working in Australia before I return mine?

Hi The_K_Locker, 

I appreciate this must be frustrating to hear but we do not have any confirmed information and therefore we cannot make any promises regarding the integration of Google Assistant in Australia. I hope you can understand.

Please accept my apologies that I could not provide any further news. 

If you do have questions, let us know.

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

meRveet
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 16, 2019

Bose SounBar 700 and Google Home Products

Hello Bose Community, 

I want to check if anyone has managed to group their speakers in google assistant so far? For example grouping bose soundbar 700 and a google mini in the google home assistant app to sync music. 

Also When your Bose soundbar or speaker is on your Google home Assistant are you able to adjust the volume on it through the app?  

Mods: Stop sending instructions and asking if GH is supported in my region. You either did answer the question or you are just throwing nonsense on the plate. Worst is when you don't even read the post before your replies. 

JEBurdett
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2019

I can't add the bose soundbar 700 to a group through the google home app.  I want to link all my google devices (mini, home, and bose soundbar 700) to the same group. 

Also, my soundbar is linked to my google assistant account, but I cannot use voice through the soundbar 700.  I've already utilized your troubleshooting page for this issue, but to no avail.

Reply to [ModeratorEdit]