The.K.Locker
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 23, 2019

Re: Grouping Bose Soundbar 700 with other Google Mini Speakers.

It's not just you, the functionality is very limited. Maybe it'll improve, maybe it won't, Bose won't tell us anything.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello JEBurdett & The.K.Locker,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

At the moment there is not functionality to group Google speakers together with our SmartHome line, I would be more than happy to pass this information on to the development team for you. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else then please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C 

Clgberg
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Would be great if my Bose Portable could be linked to my other Google Groups!

Dutva
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 12, 2019

I was very surprised to find that I can't add my new Bose Portable Home speaker to a Google speaker group! Didn't even expect that. I have a group with 3 Google speakers across my house and now I can't add bose to it. That makes it useless as home speaker. 

Clgberg
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

I agree, and was surprised to learn that the Bose could not be grouped! I have a JBL 20 and it links, so that lead me to believe that the Bose would function similarly.

Roguepelican
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 13, 2019

I was very disappointed to find out the Bose sound bar cannot be added to a speaker group in the google home app. This was one of the main reasons I bought it, I hope this gets fixed soon. 

Jtill
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 29, 2019

The fact that Bose advertises this speaker Integrated with Google assistant yet you can’t group speakers with Google Home makes The product worthless as far as I’m concerned. They should not be advertising Google assistant if you can’t use one of the main features of having Google home products integrated with your device. There’s a link showing that Google assistant or Sonos is not supported to be able to group Speakers with google home. As a result, I will be returning my Bose home speaker for 450 to Costco. 

https://support.google.com/assistant/answer/9210727?hl=en

Group your Google Assistant devices

You can create groups of speakers, Smart Displays, and Smart Clocks so all of your devices play the same audio throughout your house.

This feature doesn't work on Bose or Sonos speakers that have the Google Assistant

Clgberg
Wistful Whisperer
Registered since

Nov 7, 2019

Tried all kind of ways to link the Bose Home Speaker to various Google devices to no avail. Seems we are at Bose’s mercy in this one! Sucks