bijesh
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

Grouping Wave Radio to Soundbar 700

Hi,

I am trying to group my old WaveRadio (from 2011, with the Soundlink USB adapter that works on WiFi) with my new Soundbar 700 (with Base Module and surround speakers) using Bose Music. I tried using Simple Sync via a generic bluetooth adapter but Bose Music is not able to find it. (It is able to find a Beats Headphone and my old Philips Fidelio soundbar). 

Anyway my question is, what would be the best way (if at all) to group my Wave Radio with the new Soundbar 700, preferably using wi-fi as they would be in different rooms)? I also would like to know what bluetooth products are supported by simplesync? 

Warm Regards

Bijesh

9 REPLIES 9
Sam_F

Re: Grouping Wave Radio to Soundbar 700

Hey bijesh,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community. I hope you're enjoying your new Soundbar 700 - I'd be happy to help with your grouping query.

Firstly, it seems that you've taken the right steps to create the group, by using the Bose Music app and the SimpleSync feature. The adapter you want to connect to the Soundbar 700 should show up as ready to pair via Bluetooth, if it is correctly in pairing mode - is it in pairing mode when you search for it? It may be the case that due to the manufacturer of the third-party adapter that it's not able to be found, but I'd recommend resetting your soundbar, and the Bose Music app to see if things improve.

In regard to WiFi grouping, this will not be possible with your systems as the Wave Radio is not compatible with the Bose Music app. Therefore, you will not be able to add it to your account through the same method you would with the Soundbar 700 - I do apologize for any inconvenience!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
bijesh
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

HI, 

Thank you for your reply. As per your suggestion I tried resetting the soundbar (by pressing the power button and skip forward button). This resulted in the soundbar powering off. But it did not return to amber as mentioned in the page.. Now when I run Bose Music app and try to add the soundbar it cannot find it (I get the Don't see your product? page). I tried going by the manual process, pressing the TV button and I the skip left button, but it did not work. i.e the light never went amber as mentioned.

So at the moment my soundbar does not work at all! Could you please let me know how I can get it working again? 

Bijesh

Hector_B

Thanks for updating us on this bijesh. 

The standard reset shouldn't have removed these settings, It seems that you have performed a factory reset rather than a standard reset. 

This means that you will need to set up your system again as per these instructions here

Please do let us know how you get on with this. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
bijesh
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

Hi

Thank you for the quick reply. I hadn't realised you had meant just to restart the system. When I searched for how to reset, this was the page that came up.

Anyway on my second attempt it did find the Soundbar. I skipped the adaptiw for now.

I am able to add the Base Module as well. But for some reason it cannot find the satellite speakers now. It is still powered and in the same position. Is there any specific reason why it would be unable to find the satellite speakers alone? 

Thanks and regards

Bijesh

Keith_L

Hi Bijesh,

It's possible that the satellite speakers are not in pairing mode, and that is why the app is not finding them currently. What if any lights are you seeing on the wireless receiver boxes for the satellite speakers? If the speakers are ready to connect to your soundbar, you will see blinking amber lights, if any other light is showing then you will need to make the speakers ready to pair again.

To make the satellite speakers ready to connect to your soundbar, disconnect them from power for at least 30 seconds, then plug them back in. The LEDs on the receivers will come back on blinking amber and be ready to pair. 

Once you see the blinking amber lights, follow THESE steps to reconnect the satellite speakers to the soundbar.

Let me know how you get on!

bijesh
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

Hi

SO I did turn it off and back on after some time. The amber lights were  flashing, but the Bose Music App was still spinning and just when I was about to continue it found the surround speakers. But now the I can see the speakers in the app and the light is a steady white (as before) but absolutely no sound is coming out of the surround speakers now. I have tested with various sources that I know to have surround sound and nothing. Is it mandatory to do the adaptiq for it to work?

Also while the speakers were running before , the base module was also not working for a while until I turned everything off and back on again. I wonder if this reset has made the whole system unstable.

Sam_F

Hey bijesh,

Thank you for the update on the status of your surround speakers and bass module. I think the next step to take would be to run the ADAPTIQ process, to ensure your bass module is correctly giving a response, and the surround speakers are giving audio. During the process you'll hear tones to indicate whether the speakers are working - so let us know what you find and if anything improves after running this process!

bijesh
Participant
Registered since

Feb 11, 2021

Hi

Just to give an update, I eventually removed the product, did another factory reset and then added everything back again, and now I have sound from the Bass Module and also the surround speakers, which is a relief!

I tried running ADAPTIQ but it kept failing with "The Room is too noisy", and it continues to do that after the reset, even though the room is fairly quiet (though  maybe not absolutely silent).

As for my original query, the simplesync still does not recognize the bluetooth adapter. I also tried an LG Xboom pl12 and that is also not recognized. It is able to add the Beats Headphones though, as before. So is there anything specific that makes it recognize only some bluetooth devices? These other device work fine when connected from phone etc.

Would a Bose Soundtouch wireless link adapter work with SimpleSync in Bose Music? If so I would like to use that to group my WaveRadio but I wanted to know for sure before spending more money on it!

Regards

Bijesh

Keith_L

Thanks for the update Bijesh, I'm glad to hear you have got the bass module and surround speakers connected and playing correctly again!

If there is any background noise when trying to run ADAPTiQ, then it is worth trying to remove as much of the background noise as possible in case this is too loud for the calibration. It's also worth unplugging, then plugging back in the ADAPTiQ headset as well.

It's strange that some of your Bluetooth devices are being recognized but others are not. SimpleSync should be able to connect to almost any Bluetooth device for audio, we do have some of our products that are optimized for SimpleSync, but this should not affect the compatibility of other devices. I'd recommend clearing the Bluetooth pairing list of your soundbar, and then trying to connect the devices that the soundbar was unable to find before. To clear the pairing, press and hold the Bluetooth button on the remote for 10 seconds until the light bar on the soundbar blinks blue twice. 

The Wireless Link Adapter is one of our products that has been optimized to work with SimpleSync, so you will definitely be able to use a Wireless Link Adapter to connect the Wave to the soundbar to play them together.

I hope this helps, let me know!