deanchad
Participant
Registered since

Dec 14, 2018

HDMI ARC LG OLED TV Soundbar 500

Hi - can't get new soundbar 500 to connect to HDMI ARC on new LG OLED TV...any help would be awesome....!

42 REPLIES 42
Petro
Participant
Registered since

Dec 15, 2018

Re: HDMI ARC LG OLED TV Soundbar 500

Mine is working pretty fine. Did you try to set up the LG TV to output audio from the hdmi arc port?
Brandon_M
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: HDMI ARC LG OLED TV Soundbar 500

Hi deanchad,

Thanks for the post, and welcome to the community!

Can you try checking the HDMI ARC output in the LG TV's menu like @Petro suggested?

When you use the Bose Music app to set the system up, are you able to complete setup in the app?  Do you get any sort of error messages?

Let me know so we can get this resolved.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

DandG
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 20, 2018

Soundbar 500 HDMI ARC disconnecting

I have a Soundbar 500 connected to a Sumsung JU7500 TV via the HDMI ARC input on the TV. The audio output on the TV is set to HDMI Receiver and most of the time everything works very well. However, every now and then the Bose seems to disconnect from the HDMI and the HDMI Receiver option on the TV audio output vanishes. I have tried forcing the TV to search for CEC devices, I have tried unplugging and plugging in the HDMI cable, I have tried different HDMI cables, I have tried powering off and powering on the Bose and TV separately. The only way I have found to fix the problem is to power off the TV and the Bose for 10 seconds then power both on. And sometimes I need to go into the Anynet+ settings on the TV and search for CEC devices for the HMDI Receiver to reappear. This problem is making the HDMI connection option unusable.

My previous AV Receiver did not have this problem so I think it might be an issue with the Bose HDMI ARC port.

Has anyone else seen similar issues with the Soundbar HDMI ARC connection?

Any suggestions for how to avoid the problem (other than use optical)?

Thanks

Jkinas
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Bose 500 soundbar not connecting to the tv sound

I have plugged in the HDMI cable and can’t get the sound to work for my Apple TV and tv
Xyz987
Expert
Registered since

Oct 18, 2017

Re: Bose 500 soundbar not connecting to the tv sound

You didn't post enough information for anyone to help you.

Plug your Apple tv, cable box, U-Verse box, etc. into your tv's HDMI in's.  Then run an HDMI cable from your tv's HDMI ARC to the Bose 500 HDMI ARC.  Then, go into your tv's settings and turn off the tv's internal speakers and turn on the HDMI and CEC settings.

martinef1963
Participant
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

Re: Bose 500 soundbar not connecting to the tv sound

I have tried this, however, still no solution.  I have a Samsung 55 inch and sometimes I have to turn off / on both TV and Soundbar 500 and it is driving me crazy.

Is it better to hook up HDMI Arc or Optic?

thanks,

Tony_A
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: Soundbar 500 HDMI ARC disconnecting

Hi DandG,

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be happy to assist!

There is a particular reset procedure I'd like you to try to see if it can make your connection more reliable:

• Disable CEC on the soundbar by turning it off in the Bose Music app
  • Next disable CEC on the TV.
  • Now, power down the TV and soundbar and then disconnect the power cord on both devices
  • Disconnect the HDMI cable from the TV and wait 1 minute
  • After 1 minute, reconnect power to the TV and the soundbar
  • After powering up the devices, re-enable CEC on the soundbar by navigating back to the Bose Music app, then re-enable CEC on the TV.
  • After turning CEC back on,  press the TV source on the Bose remote, then reconnect the HDMI cable to the TV.
  • At this point you should have audio from the TV.
  • If you're still not receiving any audio to the soundbar, turn off the TV with the TV remote and wait 30 seconds. 
  • After 30 seconds, try powering the TV back on with the TV remote.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

aragon
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

The same problem happened to my Samsung 55" UN55JU650D and Bose Soundbar 500.

When I turn on the TV the sound doesn't go to Soundbar 500 but instead to the TV speaker. Its very annoying you have to disconnect all power cables and HDMI and wait for it to reset. 

uptopar72
Participant
Registered since

Dec 26, 2018

I had the same issue with HDMI ARC connection and the Soundbar 500. It worked for the first week with the TV connection than failed, I tried everything suggested on this site but nothing worked. I eventually solved the problem by using an optical cable and the TV sound worked. Disappointed with Bose that they sell this system, say they test the Soundbars they sell before releasing them but plead ignorance when we all have this problem with them. Soundbar 700 has the same problems and Bose lay blame at CEC and ARC systems. We pay a lot of money for Bose compared to other home theatre brands but are sold a flawed product and not sure I will do this again.