Jun 24, 2019
After upgrading to 6.0.15, it appears at first testing, that I CAN control my Bose soundbar via the Appletv4k remote. It now turns off/on again when using my AppleTV4K remote. Volume is also recognised via the Appletv4k remote.
The Appletv4k Remote also turns on my LG C9, the Apple media box, and Soundbar.
This was how it was functioning prior to the 5.xx firmware updates, and how it should have been this whole time. I’m going to continue testing, and see if I’m the issue remains resolved overnight.
In the 5.xx versions, the HDMI handshake/recognition between Bose and other devices fail after an extended period of time away (matter of hours/overnight).
Crossing my fingers this is the end of the HDMI CEC issues that have been ongoing for MONTHS at least for me. I note issues remain with another user above but they were on 6.0.10, maybe in this firmware (6.0.15) it too is resolved.
Sep 6, 2019
Sony x900f tv. Soundbar 700, bass 700, surround 700.
Connected via ARC. Had issues with losing sound. Turning off the TV, restarting the TV, and unplugging the soundbar and plugging it back in usually fixed it.
Ever since I plugged in the optical into the soundbar, but not into the TV, the sound rarely drops out. Also messed around with the CEC and power setting.
Oct 24, 2019
TV: LG OLED C9 (Firmware 04.70.05)
Soundbar 700 (Firmware 6.0.15)
Sound connection: HDMI eARC (using non-bose HDMI 2.1 cable)
I have updated my Soundbar 700 to the latest firmware yesterday and have been testing it, and everything is working fine for me.
Previously, If I turn on the TV using the TV remote, the volume can only be controlled using Bose remote, but if I turn on the TV using Bose remote TV volume can be controlled by both remotes, and I'm sure this is a fixable bug.
The issue is fixed now.
Not sure if there is any cause on fixing the problem but I will share what I did yesterday.
Then I tested both remote for controlling the TV volume, both are working fine even if the TV is turned on and off by using either of the remotes.
So I'm glad and happy everything is working fine for me now and hereafter hopefully.
I’m looking forward to the improvement that Bose will bring into the Soundbar 700 system, I won't hesitate in adding more accessories for the system if everything is working smoothly and keep on being improved.
Anyway, what is the HDMI cable version that provided with the Soundbar 700 @Wayne_M ?
Thank you very much for keeping us updated. I am glad to hear that the newest update (firmware version 6.0.15) seems to have resolved the issue for you.
If your Soundbar doesn't yet have the latest firmware, you can manually force it to update by pressing and holding the Music button on the remote control (to the left of the TV button) for 10 seconds.
Please do let us know if you are still experiencing any issues.
All the best,
Nov 5, 2019
Bose customers should be very careful to say "it's fixed"
The reality is that every time you reboot it, or update it (which triggers a reboot), things work for a couple of days. And then they break again. That's been my experience over the last several months.
Dec 28, 2017
A new software update 6.015 , you messed up my well running system. On previous firmware no sound drop issues, but Soundbar automatically turns tv on / off randomly.
: SONY TV KD-55XE8577 connected to Soundbar 700 via HDMI ARC.
TV on latest Android firmware 8.0.0
My HDMI (ARC) issues:
No sound coming out of Sound bar 700, need to randomly press source buttons to , get sound out if SB700.
some times SOUNDBAR 700 is automatically switching ON/OFF my TV.
It is happening in continuous loop ( on /off .. on / offf) infinitely. Then i have to switch off Soundbar 700 from its remote. Then it stops.
But again randomly it keeps happening. Sound drops when TV SWITCHED ON , need to press all source buttons, in oder to get audio.
Jun 12, 2019
Since my Soundbar 700 was updated to 6.0.15, this has correct my eARC issues. I'm using a Sony BRAVIA KD65XG9505BU. For anyone else who is having any weird issues after updating to 6.0.15, this is what I did.
1) Make sure Power Sync is turned off on your Soundbar 500/700, Optical Auto-Wake is turned off, and Advanced CEC is set to On. Also, make sure your optical cable is disconnected. You should not be running both as the optical cable will take priority for audio.
2) Make sure your TV is set to use Audio System / ARC / eARC.
3) Disconnect the Bose Soundbar 700 from the wall power and then disconnect your TV from the wall power. Wait five minutes.
4) Reconnect the TV and switch it on and give it a minute or two to reset the CEC connections.
5) Plug in your Soundbar 700, wait a minute and then switch it on manually using the remove. Wait another minute for the CEC connection to be made.
6) You should be able to turn your TV off, on, and use the TV remote to control the volume.
[Original message edited since the HDMI/Arc issue is actually not fixed...]
So these are the changes for my configuration with firmware 6.0.15:
Reminder of my configuration:
- LG OLED65C7T
- Bose soundbar 700 + subwoofer 700 + rear speakers
- Apple TV 4K
- CEC to control TV / Apple TV still doesn't work (this was the same in firmware 4.1.1 - And I need to use an IR transmitter at the back of the soundbar to control the TV and Apple TV.
2 new issues has now been introduced with the Bose remote:
- There is a big lag when pressing the keys repetitively to navigate through menus on the TV or Apple TV - The remote is very slow to respond or transmit the command to the devices
- Sometime pressing once a button on the remote sends multiple times the same command to the device - For example pressing once the right arrow on the Bose remote will move the cursor very fast 4-5 position to the right instead of 1 as expected.
This is yet another new issue introduced by a firmware update. When will Bose release a new firmware without breaking something that was working before ???
And yes I have done a full reset of the soundbar and everything else !
So can you fix this new issue ASAP since the Bose remote is not usable anymore !
Just forget what I said above regarding the fix of HDMI/ARC with 6.0.15.
While a was writing this message the soundbar lost again the connection with the TV.
I didn't even have to power it off...
So HDMI/ARC is still broken with LG OLED65C7T...
So apart from introducing new problems with the Bose remote, nothing has been fixed.
Nov 17, 2019
I too have had HDMI/ARC issues with the bose700. After a day or two the SB never wakes up. Either unplugging the HDMI cable to the SB and re-plugging or toggling TV inputs wakes the SB and viola, sound. Can Bose provide bug-fixes specific in the 6.0.15 release specific to HDMI/ARC ??. Why does Bose feel this latest 6.0.15 release addresses the issue ??.