Hector_B

Re: HDMI ARC Soundbar reports

Hey gerrith, 

Thanks for posting and bringing this to our attention we appreciate it! 

I have now edited this so you should be able to see the video about HDMI ARC troubleshooting steps. If you are still unable to see the video please try this link here.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind regards, 

Hector B  

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
gerrith
Participant
Registered since

Oct 27, 2019

Yes, I can see the video now, thanks.

C_N
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Hello, 

hope everyone is well! 

I would like to raise my problem and I hope I can resolve it because I tried through whatsapp but nobody helped me from Bose. 

I do have Bose Soundbar 700, Bass Module 700, Surround Speakers 700. 
My TVs Model: 65SK8100PLA 

HDMI cable I am using is 4K @ 60hz Gold plated. I bought it through amazon brand: IBRA. 

I have tried everything and I have not been able to get sound from my tv through HDMI ARC. 
I have checked my TVs specs and I have seen that the ARC port is HDMI 2 so I connected the hdmi cable to that port.

I have changed the sound settings of my TV to get sound through HDMI ARC. 
I have tried everything from resetting the soundbar to factory default, to doing what the video says which has been uploaded by bose on youtube for HDMI ARC. https://youtu.be/VNYI7VaJFZs

I still have not been able to get sound and I do not know what else to do. Please help. 

Tell us what you think: https://bose.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6ysb2UzGMb8e4Sh?v=VNYI7VaJFZsAre you curious about the HDMI ARC feature built into your So...
Sam_F

Hi @C_N,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community - apologies for the issue you're experiencing.

From the steps you've posted, it does sound like you have tried most of the standard troubleshooting we would recommend.

You've mentioned selecting the following option when on your LG TV, Settings > Sound > Sound Out > HDMI (ARC). If so, could you find your Soundbar 700 remote, then press the TV screen button which is situated near the top of the remote in between the music note and Bluetooth icon. This will set the Soundbar source to TV and you may start hearing audio. Also, when in your TV settings, go to Settings > General > SIMPLINK (HDMI-CEC) and make sure this feature is enabled.

Alternatively, could you try hooking up a different HDMI cable between your Soundbar and TV, just in case the cable you're trying to use is having an issue.

In terms of attempting a reset, I would recommend trying this process in this particular order.

1) Unplug both Soundbar and TV from power. Note: If both plugged into a strip, unplug them directly from the strip - not the strip from the wall.

2) After two minutes, connect your Soundbar to power and leave the TV unplugged. Note: When first plugged in, the Soundbar will blink white for approx. 1 minute.

3) Once the Soundbar has stopped flashing white, select the TV screen button on your Soundbar 700 remote, as described previously.

4) Then, plug your TV into power. Once the TV has booted up, test the audio by playing video - you may start hearing audio from the Soundbar.

Let me know if trying these steps passes your TV audio through your Soundbar.

Warm regards,

Sam F

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
C_N
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Thank you very much for your quick response. I will try it tomorrow and let you know if this resolves the issue. 

NeonsNight
Expert
Registered since

Nov 4, 2018

I believe that I made some discoveries about the SoundBar 500 & 700 / Sonos Beam "HDMI ARC" ports. It appears that they are not normal HDMI inputs. This might be why some TV's cannot work properly with them.

If Bose could let us know if there is such a thing as an HDMI to "HDMI eARC" converter box my guess is that it would probably solve these issues.

Please read the post below to understand what I am referencing :

https://community.bose.com/t5/Smart-Home/SB700-amp-SoundBar-HDMI-Splitter-ARC-discoveries/m-p/256539

C_N
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Hello, 

I have tried everything. I have even changed the ethernet cable. I have even reset the soundbar. Unfortunately nothing. No sound from the TV through HDMI - ARC. 
I have connected it through optical. 

C_N
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

SOLVED 

I disconnected all devices connected through HDMI ports except HDMI-ARC 2 which is the soundbar. 
I pressed on my LG remote control three times the mute button and I have reset the AV SETTINGS. 
Then, I went through the Device Connector through LG TV by pressing the home button and find the Device Connector. Then, I installed through the Device Connector the Bose Soundbar. 
I then connected the remaining devices back to the HDMI ports. 
Everything works fine. 

Tansworld
Participant
Registered since

Dec 8, 2019

I have a more unique problem. I’m not sure I have an ARC port in my Hitachi TV. Although I bought it early last year and it supports 4K. It’s a 65” model. When I first plug it in, I see the visual and it tells me to download the Bose app on the App store. But the minute the set up is done, the TV says no signal. I have tried all three HDMI ports. The issue is the same. I have also tried 2 different HDMI cables. Starts off okay. And then no signal. Also, Even if the port is not ARC compatible, the visual should still stay on screen, right?

C_N
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

Hello, 

hope you are well! 

If you do not have an HDMI-ARC you will not be able to get sound through from your TV to the soundbar with standard HDMI cable and connection. 
You can get sound through optical cable from your TV to the soundbar. 
If you want to get the HDMI logo on your TV after setting up, you can try pressing the TV button on BOSE remote control. Its the button next to the music button. 
You can post your tvs model if you want to check if there is HDMI ARC port.