Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CptDegenhardt
Participant
Registered since

Feb 10, 2020

Re: HDMI ARC Soundbar reports

TV: Sony KD-55XF9005 (Oreo 8.0, Firmware up to date (6.6545))

Soundbar 700 (Firmware 7.0.10-7792+a61bae4)

Cable: Vivanco 3m High Speed HDMI cable with ethernet & ARC (18Gbps)

No audio. And no more Bose for me.

IFRowski
Participant
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

I have sony kd65xf9005 and my hdmi arc doesnt work Ok... if i will connect hdmi to arc and optical - the voice will come on. It’s depend from newest update 7.0.10-7792+a61bae4 ? Or what? I checked soundbar 700 on other tv - samsung one and it’s working so it’s depend from bose update or sony tv update ? Help me guys...

Kartinno
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

Hi!

I bought Bose Soundbar 700 , i have Samsunh HU8200 and i have ARC HDMI issue . Every half an hour i must retake all steps to make it working.... I m very annoied. Bose advice use Optical cable BUT i m the only one that think it is unacceptable this solution with a 1000 euro soundbar?

There is an hope this issue will be resolved in future firmware?

Fabio

Kartinno
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 16, 2020

SAMSUNG HU8200 (Firmware 1310)

Soundbar 700 +  + Rear (Firmware 7.0.11)

The TV supports ARC but not eARC.

Loses HDMI handshake (No sound anymore ) after powering off TV. I have to unplug everything and switch off the TV to fix the issue temporarily until it happens again.

There is chance have new firmware in future with a fix?

Thanks

Fabio

Ryno176
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2019

They can't fix the arc issue and they wont tell his why. Same old same, turn it off wait 30secs. Etc etc. This is not the way to approach the issue we are having 

mhaselden
Participant
Registered since

Mar 6, 2020

The sony 6.6545 firmware update has broken the Audio Return channel on some Sony tv's (or maybe all), including my xf8505. 

It will now only work with Optical but the HDMI controls are also broken. I've logged this with Sony, but I doubt they will do anything. If your tv still with warranty, You don't need to mention the firmware update and report it as an issue with the TV. Sony with then replace the main board and you need to make sure the engineer DOES NOT update the firmware. Just turn automatic updates to off and stick with Android Nougat 7 where everything worked.

The amazing thing is, Sony clearly state that the ARC issues are solved with this update:

https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/support/articles/00223423

This is the second time Sony have broken the ARC with a firmware update and I don't think I will  buy another Sony tv again.

GuyinPA75
Advisor
Registered since

Oct 16, 2016

What about trying to help the LS650 customers as well? Not just soundbar customers.

Fakhri
Participant
Registered since

Apr 7, 2020

hi,

I am facing issue while connecting my soundbar 700. Every time we start the TV the soundbar doesn’t connect even after repeated try from the universal remote. Can you please advise how to start the soundbar when you start it every time? What are the buttons on the remote? 

raghu467
Participant
Registered since

Apr 14, 2020

Did you try calling the customer service ?

Brooksy2131
Participant
Registered since

May 9, 2020

Hi

I have the same problem as above and have the Soundbar 700 and a brand new Sony Bravia TV, KD-65A9G. 

I have unplugged / replugged the HDMI ARC cable but the frequent system audio communication errors are constant. 

Thanks