HDMI ARC Soundbar reports
We are looking to gather details about anyone who may be experiencing issues with HDMI ARC or CEC on their Bose Soundbar. Issues with HDMI ARC would be if you are experiencing no, partial, or intermittent audio when connected via an HDMI cable. Issues with CEC may affect your ability to control the soundbar via a 3rd party remote or, possibly, control of your source device and TV via the soundbar remote.
If you are running into these issues, we have a helpful video that walks your through HDMI ARC and may resolve this for you.
If after viewing the video you are still running into issues, please make sure you update to the latest firmware (6.0.15 as of 11/14). If your Soundbar doesn't yet have the latest firmware, you can manually force it to update by pressing and holding the Music button on the remote control (to the left of the TV button) for 10 seconds.
If the latest firmware doesn't resolve your issues, it would be valuable if you could let us know your specifications. Please post here with the following information:
- A thorough description of the issue, when the issue started, and steps needed to reproduce it (including source content).
- Complete list of troubleshooting steps you have taken thus far.
- Exact make and model of your TV and the version of FW it is running (including whether the TV supports eARC).
- If your TV is not on the latest FW please make sure to update as part of your troubleshooting.
- Make and Model of any cable box, streaming device, or TV streaming app connected to your TV that factor into audio or control issues you are experiencing.
- Anything else that may factor into your Audio Video setup or configuration that we need to be aware of to reproduce the issue.
<Edited 11/14- included steps to manually update to the latest firmware of your Soundbar>