Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 12, 2020

Re: HDMI ARC Soundbar reports

Hey folks, just in case this helps someone else...

I have an LG CX and a Soundbar 500. After the latest Soundbar software update, the TV recognized and powered on the Soundbar but would not control it even though it thought it was.

Unplugging the Soundbar and plugging it back in fixed it, as the original post in this topic suggested a year ago. C'est la vie. Has only happened once. Here's to hoping it stays working! 🤷‍♂️

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2020

It still doesn't work for me! But you have activated only HDMI ARC audio output? Or even the eARC option on the TV? (audio-options -> additional options -> eARC)

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Hello spartan24993,

My SB700 worked fine untill a couple of days ago I did have a strange problem. When I powered on my TV, the sound came through my TV speakers and not the soundbar. After allot of searching the problem was a laptop which was connected with HDMI. When I did disconnect the laptop and powered on the TV everything was working fine again.

Maybe you can try to unplug all your other HDMI devices and only connected the soundbar?

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2020

Yes, if i unplug all the other HDMI ports the bose soundbar 500 works! But this is not a solution, because in this way I cannot use the connected devices, like xbox, ps4 etc.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

Of course it is NOT a solution. It's a way to figure out if some device is causing the problem. Like in my case the connect laptop causes a problem. The laptop took the HDMI-ARC function instead of the sounbar.

Plug out the connected devices one by one to find the one who causes the problem.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2020

I understand what you mean, but it seems strange to me because I connected the soundbar to the HDMI ARC port ...

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 31, 2019

From my television, all HDMI connections on the TV have HDMI ARC (Audio Return Channel). So from now on, I need to be sure I need to disconnect my laptop. Because in a strange way it's taking over ARC function, and the specs of the television states: You can connect the Home Theater System (HTS) to any HDMI connection on this TV, but the ARC connection is only available for one device at a time.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 21, 2020

I understand, in my TV instead of an LG OLED65CX, only the HDMI 2 port is ARC! That's the port I plugged into the soundbar!

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 11, 2020

I have the same ARC problem many users are experiencing. My sound is actually stable via ARC connection or optical. However, when turning on, the bose switches the tv input to the soundbar instead of the gaming console. Using the optical cable did fix the input switching, but I loose the visual sound level on the tv as I raise and lower the volume. This would not be a problem if the sound had some sort of level indicator other than volume up or down. I'm Looking forward to a solution that does not place blame on the tv.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 18, 2020

After a year of having to reboot my soundbar 700 at least twice a week to resolve this ARC issue.

I have zero problems since the last firmware update, so I'm very very happy

Soundbar 700, Roku, and Samsung TV