danyulland
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 5, 2015

Re: HDMI ARC Soundbar reports

Hello all, 

I have a Bose soundbar 700, LG B8 TV, PS4 Pro and a set top box for recording.

I was having problems like many have described things would turn on and off in sync initially then after a day they would lose sync and sometimes lose audio. Turning the power off to everything temporarily resolves this.

I have managed to identify the issue in my system and it was the PS4, go into "system" on the PlayStation, then "HDMI CONTROL" and make sure this is turned off. This has completely fixed my problem.  

I understand people's frustration however in defence of Bose, HDMI CEC always has been very finicky and to a certain degree outside of there control, many devices and many different manufacturers are trying to talk to each other through your HDMI cable and fighting for precedence.

To summarise:

LG TV simplync stays on (TV settings)

Bose Advanced CEC on (in Bose app)

Other devices including things like PS4, Amazon fire can cause conflicts try turning there HDMI CEC or control settings off.

If things have disconnected and no longer talking to each other change the settings as above and before you test to see if it has worked unpower all of your devices and repower them  this allows them to establish a new connection with the updated settings.

I feel people may change settings and when it doesn't immediately work dismiss it. If your soundbar has lost sync with your TV, when you are changing settings to try and find the issue you need to change the setting, then power everything off then on again and then see how things work for a few days, this allows them to resync and the hope is that your new settings should stop them from breaking that connection.

danyulland
Enthusiast
Registered since

Feb 5, 2015

Hi all, if you are still having issues and have an LG TV like me, try this... I don't think it's been mentioned already in this thread so I hope it helps:

LG TV main setting's menu, find "quick start+" and turn it off.

This setting keeps the TV in a "ready" state and keeps apps and menus loaded into the TV's memory therefore apps start really quickly even after turning the TV off, turning the setting off will mean when you power TV off apps will take a couple of seconds longer to load initially, although honestly it's not a big deal.

Why turn the setting off?

It fixed my ARC problems, every now and then when starting TV no sound from the Soundbar and needed to power off at the wall. With this setting off I haven't had this problem for atleast a week. Researching this setting online seems to bring up other people where this setting is causing HDMI issues in various devices....

My theory is that the TV switches on so fast that the soundbar doesn't recognise it and the connection breaks or something similar.

If this helps please like my comment so others can see that it worked.

Thanks

Raiden
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

Have done everything suggested but soundbar (Receiver HDMI) does not come up or when it does it does not stay on for more than 2 seconds and no sound comes through the soundbar since latest firmware update. 

TV Model:  

Samsung UA65MU8000 (firmware 1290.3)

Bose SB 700 firmware: 10.0.11-8771

Bose App version: 4.3.3

Can anyone help????????? This is seriously frustrating and local help in Bangladesh is horrible. 

2sly4bandit
Participant
Registered since

Jul 19, 2020

Yea, I am a year late on this comment... @Ingoo What is your issue/Are you still experiencing it?

Raiden
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jul 25, 2019

I have stopped using HDMI.....using optical now ....volume control is a pain:( 

ThierryStephane
Enthusiast
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

I tried to turn off quick start months ago. It doesn’t change anything. The TV always ends up losing the handshake with the soundbar after a few days.

ARC doesn’t work with the soundbar 700 period. The only viable connection is optical. 

This was broken after firmware 4.1.1 was introduced by Bose. And let’s be realistic it is clear it will never get fixed.