SyXbiT
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

Re: HDMI ARC Soundbar reports

Are there any updates?

HDMI ARC has been unusable for me for 5 months or so.

I continually see everyone complaining that it doesn't work.

Is Bose's software engineering group aware of just how bad this is? Are they working on a fix?

Can we please get an update? I need to know whether to throw this in the trash and buy a sonos. I literally have to power cycle the whole system ever 2 days.

C_N
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

What TV model do you have? 

SyXbiT
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

Not sure if you're asking me, but I posted my setup on page 1

C_N
Participant
Registered since

Dec 4, 2019

What I did, 

I disconnected all the hdmi sources from my tv except the soundbar and I carried out an AV inputs value reset. And it worked just fine

DanielF96
Contributor
Registered since

Nov 10, 2018

Audio works fine through soundbar 500 until tv is turned off and on, audio only comes from tv speakers after that.

tv make: Samsung UA50RU7100

firmware: 1335

connection: hdmi arc

Have tried to reseat cables (using included hdmi), power cycle the soundbar both have not worked.

Rwboilini
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 21, 2018

Sony XBR65A9F with 700 soundbar, ,700 subwoofer and Bose surround speakers. Firmware version 6.0.15-7651. Directv and Sony Blu-ray  player are only other  components installed.

The HDMI ARC connection and CEC now properly works with this setup without defaulting  back to the TV speakers. I can turn it off and restart the next day and everything is still working with the proper settings. The volume is controlled by the Sony's remote. I do not use the Bose 700 remote.

The latest Firmware appears to have removed the annoying HDMI ARC bug.

jansenruud
Participant
Registered since

Jan 1, 2020

My TV Sony KD-65ZF9 (nov. 2018) with eArc

Bose 700 plus Bass and satelites

Since firmware 6.015 I lose my sound occasionally on the tv when on HDMI. I am on optical now but want to use HDMI. I second every bit of critic on the Bose Software engineering team. You pay so much and get so little service.  Still not able to change to tv input on the app. It is 2020 now and still they are not able to fix it. Maybe you need to hire some wizz kids from abroad. Americans are apparently not smart enough. 

shekar
Participant
Registered since

Jan 5, 2020

Re: HDMI ARC Soundbar reports - Through samsung tv

Hi,

I have recently got the Bose 500 soundbar with wireless module as well, The audio from tv does not play until i pause the video and play again. So it is consistent issue.

Also when i play the audio through the airplay2 the video play no sound until i pause the video and play again the audio does not pickup.. is there any one who also faced the same issue..

Phil Dunne
Participant
Registered since

Jan 7, 2020

Re: HDMI ARC Soundbar reports - Through samsung tv

Mine stopped working overnight. 

Really expected better of a product with this reputation and price. 

Trouble shooting

Samsung UA40C7000WF TV with latest firmware, connected via HDMI ARC in port 2

Other devices are Foxtel IQ3 box on port 1 and apple TV on port 3. 

Soundbar usually wakes up 5sec after turning tv on. 

Trouble shooting

1. Changed the foxtel box onto port 2 to ensure a signal is being transmitted through the port

2. Turned soundbar off, unplugged power and waited, then reconnected - no luck

3. Updated firmware to 6.0.15-7651 - no luck

4. Forced a factory reset on the soundbar, went through the process of setting up again - no luck

5. Tested bluetooth through phone, connects to wifi, etc - all ok. Nothing coming through the cable.

Additional testing - I have a 2nd Samsung TV in another room. I was able to get the soundbar working on that. I've returned it to the original TV and still nothing. So my guess is the soundbar has burnt out the HDMI ARC port on the TV.  Pretty unhappy now. 

I'm close to returning this, shouldn't be this much of an issue. Your optical cable does not fit my TV. 

Final update

Found a reddit thread on the issue. The problem appears to be an incompatibility between the Samsung HDMI ARC port and the soundbar that causes the port to stop working. This appears to be a known issue.

This can be temporarily fixed by turning both off at the wall and waiting 5mins before turning the TV back on, then turning the soundbar back on. Turning off the TV resets the HDMI port. 

Mine is working for now but it looks like I'll be having to do this every few weeks from now on. Not an optimal solution. Bose should provide a disclaimer that the soundbar is not compatible with Samsung. I'll need to make up my mind about returning it. 

SyXbiT
Collaborator
Registered since

Nov 5, 2019

any update?

Is there an update here?

It really seems like Bose isn't taking this seriously at all.

ARC has been broken for 6months