Highlighted
Dr. Papadodu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

Help, Google assistant switch spotify to TV

Hello here is my problem, I wish that when I activate Spotify on the speaker, I can switch on the sound of the TV after listening to music with the voice command (ok Google) how can I do it if you please without using the remote control.

I have to say ok every time Google turns off the TV then again ok Google turns on the TV to return to the TV outlet. It's not really practical.

Thank you to anyone who will help me good evening to you

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Help, Google assistant switch spotify to TV

Hello! Thanks for taking the time to reach out.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you've had here and would be happy to look into this for you 😊.

In order to provide you the most accurate information, can I ask a few questions here?

1) Just to confirm, when you say "Okay Google", is this turning off the TV regardless of what follow-up statement you give this?

2) If yes to the above, do you have an Alexa account setup, and if so, do you experience the same issue when prompting this with "Alexa"? If no to the above, can you please elaborate?

3) If you try to control the system without any voice-assistants (Using just the remote and app) do you have any issues?

Please return to me when you can!

Liam W - Community Support

Dr. Papadodu
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 24, 2019

So the problem is when I watch the TV on and I want to listen to music on Spotify, when I ask "ok google launches music" (TV screen is still on). But when I want to return to the sound of the television, I can not find a voice command, I have to come back with the remote in manual or say "ok Google turn off the TV" and then "ok Google turns on the TV" for return to default TV sound (TV LG C8 in 55-inch compatible Google assistant wired into HDMI arc when I ask "ok Google turn off TV" it turns off the speaker with the TV thanks to the cec)

I wish I could ask vocally the return to the sound on the television as for the shortcuts of the remote control (music or TV or Bluetooth) the problem is the same with Alexa.

Example "ok google launches Spotify" or "ok google launches the sound on the TV "or even" OK google Bluetooth mode "I hope to be pretty clear.

Thanks againSmiley Happy

Hi Dr.Papadodu, 

Thanks for posting and clarifying this for us. 

This would be something that Google Assistant would need to add, so I would highly recommend that you reach out to them about this feature request! I don't believe this is a feature that any Voice Assistant currently offers at this moment in time. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B