Highlighted
topjed
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Home 500 constantly finishing setup

Hi,

After successful setup about 2 weeks ago I got the same issue over and over again. Once/twice daily instead of the clock I see the info "Finish setup in the Bose Music App". All I need to do is to go to the app, click my Bose, 2-3 seconds and I got confirmation it is finished. Everything looks good. The clock is on display. I come home from work and again the same. Display says "Finish...". I did this 20 times already. Please do something about it as this is useless product for me.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Home 500 constantly finishing setup

Hello Topjed, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry that you are having issues with your Home Speaker 500 and would love to assist you with this. 

To start with I would like to try and initiate an update to the system. 

On the top of your product, simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth® and Volume - buttons for 10 seconds:

• If an update is available, a white light scrolls across the light bar on the front of your product while it is updating. Once complete, your product reboots. 
  • If no update is available, your product reboots. 

Can you please let me know if after updating, the issue still persists. 

I look forward to your response. 

Many Thanks, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

topjed
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Hello. No, it didn't help. But I reseted the device to factory settings and set it up again. Now it is working.

Anyway thx for help.

On a side know I just wanted to share that this is disappointing and extremely lame that you don't have Chromecast support in a device for ca 400 EUR. It's my first BOSE player (I got the headphones which are cool) and I have not checked this as I would never guess anyone is producing anything without a Chromecast support.

So definitely my last purchase in this company. Not recommending as I am not able to listen easily to TIDAL now.

Hi there @topjed and thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that the update did not resolve this, but glad to hear that this is working properly after a factory reset!

Thank you also for your feedback regarding Chromecast support. I've passed this onto our development team to see if this can be integrated in the future 😊.

I hope we can win back your interest in the future. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions!

Liam W