Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Home 500 constantly finishing setup

Hi,

After successful setup about 2 weeks ago I got the same issue over and over again. Once/twice daily instead of the clock I see the info "Finish setup in the Bose Music App". All I need to do is to go to the app, click my Bose, 2-3 seconds and I got confirmation it is finished. Everything looks good. The clock is on display. I come home from work and again the same. Display says "Finish...". I did this 20 times already. Please do something about it as this is useless product for me.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Home 500 constantly finishing setup

Hello Topjed, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community Forums. 

I am so sorry that you are having issues with your Home Speaker 500 and would love to assist you with this. 

To start with I would like to try and initiate an update to the system. 

On the top of your product, simultaneously press and hold the Bluetooth® and Volume - buttons for 10 seconds:

• If an update is available, a white light scrolls across the light bar on the front of your product while it is updating. Once complete, your product reboots. 
  • If no update is available, your product reboots. 

Can you please let me know if after updating, the issue still persists. 

I look forward to your response. 

Many Thanks, 

Vicky W - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 5, 2019

Hello. No, it didn't help. But I reseted the device to factory settings and set it up again. Now it is working.

Anyway thx for help.

On a side know I just wanted to share that this is disappointing and extremely lame that you don't have Chromecast support in a device for ca 400 EUR. It's my first BOSE player (I got the headphones which are cool) and I have not checked this as I would never guess anyone is producing anything without a Chromecast support.

So definitely my last purchase in this company. Not recommending as I am not able to listen easily to TIDAL now.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi there @topjed and thanks for getting back in touch.

I'm sorry to hear that the update did not resolve this, but glad to hear that this is working properly after a factory reset!

Thank you also for your feedback regarding Chromecast support. I've passed this onto our development team to see if this can be integrated in the future 😊.

I hope we can win back your interest in the future. Please let me know if you have any other questions or suggestions!

Liam W