Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Home Speaker 300 - No Voice Assistants in your Region Error

I've reviewed the existing forums Q&As on this specific issue and think mine is unique..

I'm based in the UK and the Home Speaker I bought is from the UK. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a couple of times and both my iphone X and the BOSE speaker have been updated with the latest software.

The Home Speaker is set up on the BOSE Music App but when I want to set up a Voice Assistant I only have the error "There are currently no Voice Assistants available in your Region . Please Check back later".

How can I solve this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Home Speaker 300 - No Voice Assistants in your Region Error

Hi robservations,

Welcome! Thank you for posting!

As you have mentioned having a look at the existing posts in the forum, what troubleshooting if any have you tried from those posts? 

Also, in what way does the issue you are experiencing differ from those examples you have found so far?

If you are based in the UK and it is giving you that error message did you set your account to the UK when you created your Bose Music ID?

If not then you can change this from the app by navigating to the My Bose page and tapping the icon of the person in the top right-hand corner, then where it says your name and email address. the pop-up that comes up will show the country it is set to and allow you to change it.

Also, do you have any kind of VPN set up on your device? If so, this could be confusing the app as to the location and which voice assistants should be available to you.

I look forward to hearing more about this from you!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Apr 15, 2020

Thanks for the response. Addressing each of your questions -

troubleshooting: I’ve tried turning both devices on and off, deleting the Bose app and reinstalling it as well as updating all software.

My issue differs in that I’m based in the UK where Alexa can be used with the Bose speaker. For the other examples it seemed they had the same error but Alexa was genuinely not available in their region.

Yes the account is set to the UK.

No VPN on my device.

Many thanks for your help with this. 

Highlighted

This certainly does seem strange! Let's try factory resetting the speaker and then set it up again and see if this helps. 

If anyone else on the forums has had this issue I would love to hear from you. 

Thanks!

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 11, 2020

Hello,

I experience the same problem. I’m from Guatemala where I’ve seen several other devices working with Amazon Alexa. My Bose is the Hone speaker 300. I have not tried the factory reset yet.  

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hey ricardoagg. As noted in our post HERE, voice assistant availability does vary between regions. At the time of writing, these are not supported in Guatemala. Please visit our main thread for additional information.