MusicMutant
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 22, 2018

Home Speaker 500 - Alexa issues

Hi,

For past a month or so, simple Alexa commands like, "Alexa Stop/Pause" is being ignored by device. Either it replies "I cannot stop/pause" or it just ignores the command (the white flash just goes off ater listening to the command). The only way I can make it work is by re-setting the power and making it start again.

I thought it would be fixed, but as it's still not happened, hence I'm giving this info so that this bug could be fixed!

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Home Speaker 500 - Alexa issues

Hi MusicMutant, 

Thanks for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. I will certainly pass this feedback on to the team. In the meantime to try and resolve the issue, I would recommend rebooting the speaker. To do this turn off the speaker and unplug it from power for 30 seconds. When power is reconnected, a tone is heard from the product, please then allow the system to restart.

After completing this, please then disable and reenable Alexa on your Bose Music App. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W - Bose Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Kayem
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Do you know whether this issue was resolved or not?  I have, for the past 2 weeks, had the same problem with my Bose Home Speaker 500.  It will not stop playing music when you tell Alexa to stop.  I have restored factory settings, re installed the Bose Music App and deleted and re installed the Alexa App and updated all settings.  I have rebooted the Wifi router and all of this to no avail.  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated as having to switch the speaker off at the mains every time is becoming a pain!

Highlighted

Hello Kayem, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Community! 

I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with Alexa controlling your HomeSpeaker 500. Can I please confirm if this has worked previously? The steps you have tried are great, I would love to confirm the exact wording you are using to ask Alexa to stop? 

Let's work together to get this sorted! 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Kayem
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 24, 2020

Hi Vicky

Yes the speaker has been working since Christmas until about 2 weeks ago when Alexa refused to stop!  If I say "Alexa stop" or "Alexa pause" the music (radio or music) just continues after a momentary pause when the white line flickers.

Many thanks for your help with this, much appreciated.
Highlighted

Hello Kayem, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

I would love for us to try the wording 'Alexa, pause the music on 'Insert music service here'. It would be interesting to know if she responds to this. After that, we are going to want to try an Alexa cleanse. I understand you have completed some of these steps before, but they need to be completed in the exact order shown for this to work correctly. 

• In the Bose Music app, tap the image of the speaker in the lower-right corner. If the image is a different product, tap the 'My Bose' icon in the upper-left corner, select the speaker, then tap the image of the speaker in the lower-right corner.
  • Select Settings > Voice Assistant> Alexa > Remove Account > Remove.
  • Log out of the Bose Music app.
  • Uninstall the Bose Music app.
  • Reboot your router.
  • If you have linked the speaker in the Alexa app, this needs to be removed.
  • Reinstall the Bose Music app.
  • Log back in.
  • Set up, Alexa.
  • Test the commands again. 

I look forward to hearing how you get on.