auermed
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2018

Home Speaker 500 Clock displaying incorrectly

Hi I have two Home Speaker 500s which we have had for about a month now. They have been working fine until today when i noticed on both speakers the time displayed is incorrect. It is reading 10 hrs behind ie 8pm rather than 6 am. Both are displaying incorrectly. I have tried multiple solutions without success- unplugging speakers for 30 seconds, resetting factory settings, deleting and then reinstalling BOSE music app, deleting each speaker from app then reinstalling, toggling "show clock" on BOSE music app on and off. All the devices used to control the speakers such as iPhone and iPad are displaying the correct time and are set to the correct location so I don't think that is the issue. Alexa seems to know the correct time - it is just the display that is wrong. Any thoughts on other potential solutions.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Home Speaker 500 Clock displaying incorrectly

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Jason_G

Hi all,

I'm glad to hear that the clock has issue been resolved for most of you!  I know this issue took quite a while to resolve, but glad you all stuck in their with us while we identified the issue.  

@Ge Ge, have you been able to factory default the system to force the update?  

Regarding the Alexa availability, HERE is a link to currently supported countries/languages.  We are constantly looking to add more countries and will be sure to update everyone on the Community once we hear more.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

59 REPLIES 59

Hello auermed,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community!

The Smart Home products will pull the time zone from your mobile device during the setup process.

Also, is the time zone the same on your Apple account?

Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Jerry Kao
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 13, 2018

I just noticed that my Home speaker 500 has the same problem!

James747
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

Hi Joel,
Auermed clearly states the devices being used display the correct time... From what I can see, the troubleshooting processes undertaken have been exhausted. I am experiencing the exact same issue which has only come about in the last 48hrs.
One other item investigated is making sure the time stamps in the router settings are correct.
Auermed - have you tried this with yours?
I have reset factory more then enough times to become frustrated and ready to part with this unit. For the price, it is disappointing for what it should be capable of doing, but doesnt.
Bose - a solution on this would be appreciated
Highlighted
Comfuzed
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

I too noticed this problem in the early hours of this morning (Singapore).  

I had reset my phone settings yesterday due to an unrelated iPhone issue, and my phones TZ is set to Automatic. 

I just turned the speaker off at the wall and it boots up with the correct time before reverting to what I assume is UTC.

No idea. Firmware is 7f715 - an “install date” would be helpful Mr Bose

Darong3003
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

Same thing happened to mine. I tried everything then called bose help line. They still dont know what is going on but I found out that the new software update came out on the 14th and it displayed incorrect time ever since. The time showing on display is UK time. According to bose I was the only one with this problem. Home speaker 500 owners need to call bose helpline and lodge this issue so they will fix it asap.

Hello All,

Thank you for the posts.

Let me know if this is still happening after the update that has been released today.

I have raised this to development.

These are the release notes for the recent update.

Regards,

Joel 

Ge Ge
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

I am currently in United Arab Emirates and i also encountered clock problem since yesterday. Apprently, there is no update available. Any idea on how to resolve this problem?
Community Manager

Hi everyone!

Thanks for bringing this to our attention!

The update that was released today is not auto updating or prompting through the Bose Music app.  Can I have you guys open the Google Play store or Apple App store?  The update should be available from here.  Once everything is updated, can we try and see if the issue has corrected itself?  If not, perhaps try a power cycle after the update too.

Let us know how it goes!

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Comfuzed
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

Happy to feedback Joel.  How is the update triggered?  Mine is still on the previous version.