Jerry Kao
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 13, 2018

Re: Home Speaker 500 Clock displaying incorrectly

Hi Tony,
Follow your instructions and it doesn’t work. The time display is still incorrect.
Incyhass
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 17, 2018

Yes,
In Sydney Australia and same thing, clock still 11 hours behind
Bit disappointing
geoffduc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2018

I have the same issue just noticed it yesterday

Seems to be stuck on GMT and i cannot find anything on the app to adjust it manually 

Albert Toh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 17, 2017

I am sorry for the wrong information given in my earlier post. The clock in Singapore is not four hours ahead but eight hours behind - meaning that it is displaying GMT.

Bose, please fix this aSAP.

Arthit Thongcharoen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Does this work with MacOS as well ?

Arthit Thongcharoen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

btw, i feel that this is the worst firmware update ever. my bose speaker 500 was working just fine before this upgrade. after the firmware upgrade, 

- the wifi network is not stable and keep reconnectiong on and off again and again

- the clock always show incorrect time zone (i believe it's gmt) - no matter how many hard reset I have done

-

Community Manager

Hi Arthit Thongcharoen

Thanks for writing in!  Sorry to hear this is happening on your system as well.  We do have a ticket in with development and they are working on finding the root cause of this issue.  We'll be sure to update the Community as soon as we hear anything.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Mutley251
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 20, 2018

Bose can’t be serious asking for us the download firmware updates and force them to the unit via a service slot.

This is an expensive piece of kit that should function as it’s meant to. Like everyone else my time was correct until recently. Now I’m 11 hours behind / 13 hours ahead. I’m in Melbourne.

Can we please have a date this will be rectified. Or if unable to provide this, I’m assuming Bose will be providing refunds / replacement units per Australian consumer legislation.
Bryan Lin
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Hi

I'm from Taiwan.

Clock displaying incorrectly..

Pls fix this problem ASAP.

Highlighted
Comfuzed
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

Far be it from me to know the complexity of your code, but this appears to be a basic presentation issue - the clock is displaying UTC without applying a TZ associated with the locale.  

Hopefully your developers have verified that the locale's TZ is indeed being used for format the clock output.  If that is the case, then it would appear that the TZ is not being correctly received/interpreted from the mobile device to the 500. 

Suggestion:

It doesn't seem like a big deal, and indeed arguably a neater implementation, to have the user be able to select the timezone they wish their clock to display using the app.  Apologies if i've got this wrong but this is just taking way too long to resolve.