Community Manager

Re: Home Speaker 500 Clock displaying incorrectly

Hello all,

Thank you for patience with this issue.  We are still looking into the issue and if someone would be able to volunteer and gather logs to help root cause the issue that would be great.  Please let us know so we can PM you for further details.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

geoffduc
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 17, 2018

Please correct me if im wrong but i dont think there is an app for a MacBook just connection with bluetooth

Howdo
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

The speaker costs AU $600 and can’t even display the correct time. Let me know when you have a solution so that you can arrange a technician to come to my place and fix the issue.
Arthit Thongcharoen
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

It s funny that even a tiny error on time displayed could take Bose more than a week to fix it. I wonder when they said it will support Airplay2 next year, probably December 2019?
Alexedwards3
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 22, 2018

I purchased this speaker yesterday and I too have the issue with the time. Mine displays London time, I’m in Melbourne Australia. Very frustrating.
ryan.maasburg@mac.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

Yea. Bought my device today and same issue
KenRS
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

Same with me. Bought the 500 two days ago and and have spent hours trying every which way to fix this. You really need to step up on this guys!
Highlighted
Comfuzed
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

I've sent a log file via personal message.  It would be helpful if this forum tool could include a Vote or a Watch feature rather than people having to leave the "Me Too" type messages.

@Community_Admin - My logs are not from the patched version that you discussed as that upgrade was reported as not having worked. 

Rex223
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 26, 2018

Certainly in Australia we’d all be entitled to a return and refund on these units because they are not fit for purpose - I’ve been holding off doing that because I like it and assumed they would fix the firmware quickly - but for what is a glorified clock radio I’m starting to get a bit sick of subtracting 13 hours when I look up in the middle of the night. This is pretty poor customer service.

ryan.maasburg@mac.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

Hey Tony, 

Just wanted to follow up on this and find out if a fix has been identified as yet ?