Mutley259
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 10, 2018

Re: Home Speaker 500 Clock displaying incorrectly

Finally!

While I am thankful the problem has been fixed, I am dismayed that it took so long.  Unfortunately the update didn't auto update for me, which meant a factory reset and complete new setup ... again more time wasted.

Okay Bose ... perhaps a goodwill gesture to your loyal customers who paid $600 for this top end product, who have been messed about for a month?  It is easy to say thanks for being patient, talk is cheap.  Perhaps an apology with some substance to compensate for our wasted time?? .... 

Word of mouth is everything.  I have gone from being a very pro Bose supporter to the opposite because of this issue.  I have directed numerous friends and colleagues toward Sonos.

Ge Ge
Silent Starter
Registered since

Nov 14, 2018

Well unfortunately not here in the united arab emirates......PLEASE...
Community Manager

Bose Best Answer selected by Community Manager Jason_G

Hi all,

I'm glad to hear that the clock has issue been resolved for most of you!  I know this issue took quite a while to resolve, but glad you all stuck in their with us while we identified the issue.  

@Ge Ge, have you been able to factory default the system to force the update?  

Regarding the Alexa availability, HERE is a link to currently supported countries/languages.  We are constantly looking to add more countries and will be sure to update everyone on the Community once we hear more.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Comfuzed
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Oct 31, 2018

@Tony_A - These days, we are used to software issues being turned around in hours, not weeks or months, particularly one as apparently as trivial as this seems.  The fact that it also required a "factory reset" to resolve is problematic.

I propose that this issue be communicated to senior management - on behalf of the community - in an effort for your company to understand what went wrong and consider how to improve. Unfortunately, as a development manager myself, this smells of a poor software engineering practices that in this day and age can not, and should not, be tollerated - more so in a company that prides itself on engineering like Bose. 

This issue says to the community that Bose doesn't care to resolve issues being faced by it's customers and I'm sure that is not the impression that management has of its operating units.

- Mike

Hector M
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 18, 2019

Hi Tony

I’m Hector from Chile. I have followed your instructions, but the clock doesn’t work properly. I use the Aux vol - and forced the update. But doesn't work. Do you ha another suggestion? How many update need to do? The last update loaded the last version

Thanks!!

Hi Hector,

Thank you for your message and Welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still having this issue.

Could you try to update your speaker using a computer? Please follow these steps:

1. Use the following link to download the update file for your product: worldwide.bose.com/support/HSFW
    • When prompted, click Save and save the update file to your computer's desktop
      • If the prompt does not appear, the file may have downloaded automatically. Check the header or footer in the browser window, or check your Downloads folder
      • Do not rename the file
  2. Connect a USB A-to-Micro USB cable from a computer to the "SERVICE" jack on the back bottom of the product (next to the power cord)
  3. Reboot the product by disconnecting its power cord for 30 seconds
  4. Wait for the product to reboot: While rebooting, the light bar pulses white; when rebooted, the light bar turns off
  5. Simultaneously touch and hold the Volume - and Volume + buttons on the top of the system for 5 seconds to enter service mode. A 5 second countdown appears on the display to confirm
  6. Open a web browser and go to http://203.0.113.1:17008/update.html
  7. At the file update screen, click CHOOSE FILE
  8. In the file selection window, find and select the "product_update.zip" file you downloaded in Step 1
  9. Click UPLOAD and wait while the update is installed.

Let me know if this works.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

Hector M
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 18, 2019

Hi

I followed all the instrucción the update was successful. But the clock continue with displaying incorrectly.

Another sugestión.? Are you sure that this up date include my territory?

Hi Hector, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

I suggest turning off the clock feature in the application and turning it back on. Hopefully, this should reset the clock to the time on the device you have the app installed on. 

I hope this helps, have a great day!

Kindest, 

Jessie O

Hector M
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Apr 18, 2019

Hi

I followed all the instrucción the update was successful. But the clock continue with displaying incorrectly.

Another sugestión.? Are you sure that this up date include my territory?

Hi Hector M, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Have you attempted other troubleshooting methods in this thread? If so which? 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support