Home Speaker 500 Display problems

Highlighted
Wistful Whisperer

Home Speaker 500 Display problems

My new Bose home 500 stopped displaying album artwork and artist while playing Pandora.  It either displays the preset number or the volume icon.  I have two speakers and the second one works fine.

8 REPLIES

Re: Home Speaker 500 Display problems

Hi there,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your system.

Have you attempted any troubleshooting yet?  First I would like you to remove power from the Home Speaker 500 that isn't functioning correctly, then reconnect after a full minute.  

Let us know so we can get this resolved.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Wistful Whisperer

I had the same troubleshooting on my homespeaker 500 and i remove power and reconnect after half minute and it's works fine. But one Day later same troubleshooting come again. I think the matter is due to the fact that's my wifi is turned off during the night.

That's all, trying to help you.
Wistful Whisperer

Thank you.  I noticed the same thing.  So far, when I unplug the speaker for about 10 seconds and then plug it back in again it seems to work.   This is a hassle because I frequently move the speaker in between rooms.  This has nothing to do with my internet being off - my internet is on all the time.  It has to be a bug in the speaker software. Hopefully Bose will fix it.  Thanks for your help.

Silent Starter

I received a Bose 500 for Christmas and am also having display problems. The artwork display works for a few songs than goes dark. Switching to standby or rebooting the speaker only works temporarily, then the artwork display goes dark again after a few songs. I mostly use the speaker with Amazon music, occasionally with Bluetooth. I usually use Alexa commands to control the speaker. Otherwise, the speaker works fine, but it’s annoying for it not to work perfectly, Bose gets a premium price because high quality is expected.

Hello all,

Thanks for trying the troubleshooting and we'd like to take a further look into these issues.  If you could gather log files from the system when the issue occurs, we can reach out to you via PM to gather more information.  A link to collecting logs can be found HERE.  

Thank you for you continued patience on this issue, and we hope to get this resolved.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Wistful Whisperer

Hi Tony,

I have last log from my homespeaker 500, for display troubleshooting, but i don't know how to send you the files.

Best regards

Hi Notrac,

Thanks for doing that!  I'll reach out to you via PM to send you a link to gather the logs. 

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Quiet Contributor

I would like to send my logs also as I have the same issue Smiley Sad