Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Home Speaker 500 Flashes Red when you say 'Alexa'

The home speaker 500 flashes red (where the white light normally shows on the front) when you say 'Alexa'. It then doesn't work at all. We've tried turning it off and back on again, We've tried resetting the router... any ideas please, Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Home Speaker 500 Flashes Red when you say 'Alexa'

Hi Phil, 

I am sorry that you are having this experience!

If your system flashes red 4 times, this would be stating you voice assistant and/or internet connection is currently unavailable. 

Are you able to use other WiFi services currently on your Home Speaker 500?

Do let us know!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 30, 2019

Hi, we only really use Alexa and also link to the Bose Speaker from our phones via bluetooth. When we connected via bluetooth it went a bit crazy as the music jumped and sped up doing some funny things. Also can you let me know how I can check the wifi connection as I'm not sure how to do that, Thanks

Highlighted

What I suggest we do is connect your Home Speaker 500 to your WiFi network. To do this, please follow this link for instructions. 

Following this, please use this link in order to link your Amazon Alexa account to your Home Speaker 500.  

I hope this helps, do let us know how you get on.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.