Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Home Speaker 500 Installing Update...

Just purchased this speaker. After completing the setup, the app is displaying a status update of "Installing update...". If you click on the message it states "This should only take a few minutes" but it has been 4 hours so far. Should I keep on waiting, reboot the device or reset the device and start again. The lack of progress bar is not helping especially when it says it should only take a few minutes. Any help, would be greatly received. Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Home Speaker 500 Installing Update...

Hey @paulr,

Welcome to the Bose Community!

Sorry that you're experiencing some problems with the update installing on your Home Speaker 500.

As this was posted 3 hours ago, I just want to check if this process is still ongoing or has completed?

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 20, 2020

Re: Home Speaker 500 Installing Update...

Hi,

Thanks for responding.

The update did finish. I started the update around 4pm and it was still going at 11pm. This morning I found that the update finished successfully and I was able to finish the pairing with Amazon Alexa. It would be worthwhile updating the application to provide more informative progress rather than stating it will take a few minutes. The update must have been fairly large or the download restricted as I have on average 30Mbps download speeds.

On a positive note, I have been very pleased the quality of sound and glad I have purchased the device.

Regards

Paul.