Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Home Speaker 500 LCD Screen Sometimes Fails

Randomly and unpredictably, the LCD screen on my Home Speaker 500 simply does not work.  It doesn’t matter what music service I am streaming.  It will just show the clock (which has its own issues I will post separately).

unplugging the speaker for maybe 60 seconds then plugging in back in solves the problem.  For a couple of days.  Then the problem returns.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Home Speaker 500 LCD Screen Sometimes Fails

Author Accepted Answer selected by JEH1954

Thanks for trying that @JEH1954

Have you tried deleting the Bose Music application and then reinstalling? This is a long shot but may improve the issue when you are using the Bose app. 

If this is unsuccessful, I would recommend that you reach out to our local technical support team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to help you!

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Hi JEH1954,

Thank you for your post!

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the Home Speaker 500's screen. I'll be happy to help! 

Can you tell me if the music plays as expected? Just without the display?

Can you tell me what firmware version you are running on the speaker?

I look forward to hearing from you! 

Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

Thanks Jessie_O for your rapid reply. In response to your questions:

Music plays as expected.  Just without the display

Firmware version (according to Bose Music app technical info):

8.0.14-8927+0aa351d

Highlighted

Thanks for getting back to us JEH1954.

As rebooting the speaker seems to get it to come back, it does make me think that this is being caused by an issue with communication between the speaker and the app/servers where it will be getting the information from. 

What I would recommend doing next is rebooting your router to get this working again correctly. To do this, what you would want to do is disconnect your router from the power for at least 30 seconds. Then you can plug it back in and let it power back up, once it has reconnected give it a test and let us know how it goes!

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

May 11, 2020

I’ve done all that. Rebooting, resetting.  Speaker and router.  Several times.   One thing I failed to mention before is that the problem is more acute when using tge Bose Music app than it is using Spotify Connect or Airplay.

Highlighted

Author Accepted Answer selected by JEH1954

Thanks for trying that @JEH1954

Have you tried deleting the Bose Music application and then reinstalling? This is a long shot but may improve the issue when you are using the Bose app. 

If this is unsuccessful, I would recommend that you reach out to our local technical support team for assistance. Click the LINK HERE, select your country and scroll down to 'Contact Us'. One of our agents will be more than happy to help you!

If there is anything else we can do, please reach out to us again! 

View solution in original post