Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FunkMonkey33
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2020

Home Speaker 500 Muted

For a few days now, our Home Speaker 500 won't produce sound.

I can connect to it through the Bose app, and when I try to play music from it, the album artwork displays on the speaker.  If I adjust the volume on my phone, the speaker shows that the volume is being adjusted.  Just no sound.

I've done a factory reset, and re-added the speaker, but to no avail.

A little concerned, because we have two of these, and I just dropped over $2,000 on a complete Home Theater 700 System, with soundbar, sub woofer and surround speakers.  We've not had this unit for long, so I don't see why it would stop working.  

We didn't drop it, jar it, spill anything on it.  Anything, except pair it via bluetooth to our Amazon FireStick.  That pairing seems to be gone, and I don't think it would survive a factory reset.

Help?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jessie_O

Re: Home Speaker 500 Muted

Author Accepted Answer selected by FunkMonkey33

Hey there FunkMonkey33, 

Thanks for reaching out to us! I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Home Speaker 500. I'll be more than happy to help! 

Can you tell me if you experience these issues with other sources? Such as Bluetooth? This will help us understand if the issue is the source or the speaker. 

I would also recommend resetting the speaker by unplugging the speaker for 30 seconds and plugging it back in. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Jessie_O

Author Accepted Answer selected by FunkMonkey33

Hey there FunkMonkey33, 

Thanks for reaching out to us! I'm sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your Home Speaker 500. I'll be more than happy to help! 

Can you tell me if you experience these issues with other sources? Such as Bluetooth? This will help us understand if the issue is the source or the speaker. 

I would also recommend resetting the speaker by unplugging the speaker for 30 seconds and plugging it back in. 

I look forward to hearing from you. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

FunkMonkey33
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2020

I called technical support.  The man I talked to was very helpful. It turns out my Home Speaker 500 is broken.  It is out of warranty and the Bose representative set up an out-of-warranty repair for me for only USD 100!  That's outstanding!

Unfortunately, the email that he said would be coming within 24 hours never came.  Sooooo close!

Tegan_M

Sorry that you are yet to receive your shipping label! 

Do check your Junk inbox in-case this has wound up there. If you still cannot locate your label reach out to us via Facebook (Bose) or Twitter (BoseService) direct message and an agent can get a link sent to you with your UPS label. 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!