Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

Home Speaker 500 & Windows 10

I just purchased a Bose Home Speaker 500.  I am able to connect via Bluetooth to and Apple Phone as well as an Android Phone, however when trying to do the same with a Windows 10 OS, unable to do so.  Bluetooth enabled on my Bose 500 and Windows 10 simply does not see it.

I had an older SoundDock 10 and Windows 10 had no problems seeing this device.  Not sure what the issue is with Bose 500 not being seen by Win 10.  Any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Home Speaker 500 & Windows 10

Hey @bevod,

That sounds very strange! Do you have any other devices connected to the Windows 10 system via Bluetooth when trying to connect the Home Speaker?

I've run into issues similar to this, and I usually find performing a full clearing of the pairing list on both speakers and computers will do the trick. To see the steps I follow, visit the Bose website HERE.

Let me know if trying that helped pair your speaker up!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 15, 2020

Yeah, unable to connect to Windows 10.  Interestingly enough, I also have a Linux computer and have no problems connecting to Bluetooth on the Bose Home 500.  Listening to music now from my Linux computer.  Will try a few other things on Win 10.

Highlighted

Hi @bevod,

Thank you for clarifying.

Those steps I've listed in my previous post should usually help with Bluetooth related issues, so it's definitely giving them a try.

Do keep me updated on how things go!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.