Home Speaker 500 crackling noise

Quiet Contributor

Home Speaker 500 crackling noise

Home speaker 500 crackling noise in 4.4.1 firmware. I am facing this since 9th July, 2019.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Home Speaker 500 Clock displaying incorrectly

Hi Arulmani, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing these issues and would love to assist you with this.

So that I can assist you further can you please confirm if the noise continues across multiple sources? In regards to the clock displaying incorrectly the clock time zone is set to that of the mobile device used for the initial setup of your speaker. After the initial setup, the system uses the network connection to automatically update and display your local time. A specific time cannot be manually entered.

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Silent Starter

Hi,

I would like to report that I have the same issue. Cracking noises and sound dropouts, in both airplay and via Spotify in app. Started a couple of days or so ago. 

What to do? 

Silent Starter

My clock is correct though. Only sound issues. 

Highlighted

Hi there @Sandinj , welcome to our Bose Community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're also having these issues.

Can I ask that you factory reset the speaker, set this back up, and listen to this again please?

The factory reset can be performed by simultaneously pressing and holding the "Volume-" and "AUX" buttons for 10 seconds on the system. The system will reboot into setup mode, displaying a solid Amber LED.

When this is displaying this LED, please open the Bose Music app, and select the "+" icon to add the device back in.

I would also ask that you check for any sources of wireless interference near the source device or speaker, such as additional Bluetooth speakers, Wi-Fi routers/access points, Radio players, etc. If there are sources of interference present, please remote these and test the speaker again.

Please get back to me to let me know how this goes!

Liam W

Silent Starter

Re: Home Speaker 500 crackling noise

i also am having the same problem with my home 500 smart speaker

Quiet Contributor

Thanks Hector.. I have played music via Bluetooth, from preset radio station and alexa. All cases, crackling sound continue to persist. The frequency of cracking sound is more when volume increses.

Please ignore display time issue as there was no problem.

Regards, 

Arulmani M

Hello Arulmani,

Thanks for getting back to us. Can I please ask, is the crackling coming from a particular side of the speaker? I ask this because it is normal for a rattling noise to be heard from the right side of the speaker during bass-heavy and/or high-volume audio. This noise is known as "port noise," which can be produced by the movement of speakers in a ported enclosure. If this does seem to be the case I would suggest you try reducing the system's bass level or lowering the volume level. I would also be sure no bass EQ or audio processing is enabled in the sound settings of the device and the app used to play audio.

If you feel this is not the case, please can you try using another device to connect to the speaker to see if you still get the issue? 

@Foxy250 thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Bose Comunity. I am so sorry that your first post is of a negative issue but would love to try and help you to fix it. I would suggest trying all the steps mentioned in this thread to fix the issue. If you have done so and are still having issues please do let me know and we can look to finding another solution for you? 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Quiet Contributor

Thanks Vicky. 1. I guess it is from all side. I am unable to take a call about the side. 2. I set bass level 50 & even 0 but no difference. 3. The device or app has any EQ bass settings. 4. I have no other device from where I can check. You mentioned some technical things. I would like to ask you that so many months it was fine. So, I hesitate to agree with all technical things. I chose Bose for great clear sound with bass effects at higher volumes. I hope you understand. Looking forward for a workable solution. Any chance I can install old firmware and check. Current version is 4.1.1. Regards, Arulmani M

Hi Arulmani, 

Thanks for replying so quickly! I am sorry if you felt that my explanation was too technical, I did not intend for it to be this way. To discuss this issue in more detail, I would suggest reaching out to your local support team. This way you can talk it through with them and they can help you further. 

You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W