Highlighted
Arulmani
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Re: Home Speaker 500 crackling noise

Hi, I yet to receive a response from local support team, India. Please share contact number if any for Mumbai, India. 

Regards, 

Arulmani M 

Highlighted
Henshaaks
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

Hi,

I am experiencing crackling noise from my Bose Home speaker 500.

It sounded great a few days ago until this noise began.

I  connected from separate devices and the problem still persists. It becomes terrible when the volume is turned up. 

Any solution? 

Highlighted

Hello Henshaaks, 

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community Forums. 

I am so sorry that you are experiencing these issues and would love to assist you. 

Can you please confirm which of the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this thread you have tried and what the outcome of each of them was? 

Once I have identified these, we can look at finding alternative solutions. 

I look forward to hearing back from you. 

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Henshaaks
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

I have tried resetting my Home Speaker 500 as shown in the thread but the crackling noise remains.

I have tried connecting my Speaker to different audio sources both AUX and bluetooth and the noise remains in all cases.

I purchased my Speaker a few weeks ago and it’s still pristine. It sounded perfect until this noise began

Highlighted

Hello Henshaaks, 

Thanks for getting back to me. 

As you have tried all troubleshooting steps, the best option here would be to reach out to your local customer support center and explore the service options for your headset. You can do this by clicking this link here, selecting your region, scrolling to the bottom of the page, and selecting contact us. If you are in the US or UK you can also reach out via Facebook or Twitter and one of our team can help you there. 

I am sorry that I was unable to help more.

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Arulmani
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 10, 2019

Hello Henshaaks,

there was no solution other than repair. I gave my home speaker 500 to service center in Dadar, Mumbai for repair and fixed the issue. Now no issues since last week. 

Highlighted
Henshaaks
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 28, 2019

It’s quite unfortunate. I had high hopes in the Bose Home Speaker 500’s durability and performance considering it’s price tag.
Thanks for your help. I would visit a service center to get this looked at.

wertyuiop
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

I have the same issue. I exchanged for new bose 500 smart, but have the same problem 

Highlighted

Hello wertyuiop,

Thank you for posting!

I am sorry to hear that you are also experiencing this issue. So you received a replacement Home Speaker 500 and you are still experiencing crackling?

If yes, is this across all sources such as services in the Bose Music app, Bluetooth, AUX etc?

Additionally, are there any loose items surrounding the speaker that could be rattling due to the bass?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Highlighted
Choi
Silent Starter
Registered since

Oct 10, 2019