kbkh
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 18, 2018

Home Speaker 500 not connecting to app

When I enter my app on my phone it always says "Not Available". I did unplug the speaker, and it worked. However, it only works for a short time, maybe the longest was a day and then stops working again. Any Idea how I can fix this without having to unplug the speaker?

93 REPLIES 93
Community Manager

Re: Home Speaker 500 not connecting to app

Hi kbkh

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!  Sorry to hear about the connection issues, but would be happy to help!

• Have you been able to power cycle the router as well when the issue happens?
  • How far away is the system from the router?
  • Does this issue happen on a different mobile device?
  • Is the mobile device on the same network as the speaker?  Perhaps it's the phone's connection is hopping to guest network?

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

joemredecilla@yahoo.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 10, 2016

Same Issue I encountered. I am setting up soundbar 700, soundbar 500 and bose speaker 500. they are all connected to the internet via wifi, after  the successful connection, it was on my list but all of them are written not available. I press product help and useless link me to dos not have answer my question. Iam freaking out coz i made and try it many times and time cosuming setting it up.

joemredecilla@yahoo.com
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Oct 10, 2016

I have tried on both iphone6 and ipad mini 4 they were both not available. I tried many times to switch it off and turn it on again nothing happens, i have wasted my time.

Highlighted
Genriquez23
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 6, 2018

I am having the same issue of not being able to connect my Bose 700 soundbar to my wifi.

My router is 7 ft away from the soundbar, and all my other devices work perfectly fine with the connection.

I too have tried, multiple devices to try to connect the soundbar too, but all i get is a "not available" message or "we are having trouble with the cloud service, try connecting via bluetooth for uninterrupted service" Horrible.

The tech support is horrible.  And, I think I'm being generous with that description.  I agree, I have wasted

so much of my time trying to trouble shoot this.  

Bose...do you have a fix for this?  

Hi Genriquez23,

Thanks for the post, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having with your setup.

Could you please answer the questions from Tony's previous post?  This will help us in figure out where the issue lies.

Best Regards,

Brandon - Community Support

Genriquez23
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 6, 2018

• Have you been able to power cycle the router as well when the issue happens? - Yes
  • How far away is the system from the router? - Approx. 7ft
  • Does this issue happen on a different mobile device? -  Yes
  • Is the mobile device on the same network as the speaker?  Perhaps it's the phone's connection is hopping to guest network? - Yes, and No

Hello Genriquez23,

Thank you for the additional details.

What is the make and model of your router? When you look in your network list, do you have 1 or 2 different names for your network(2.4 and 5ghz network separation)?

If you can test by connecting the Soundbar with Ethernet to your router directly, do you still have the same detection issue?

Regards,

Joel 

im7778
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 3, 2018

I am also getting this issue when I try to use the Bose Music and getting the "Not Available" status when trying to connect to my Bose SoundBar 500. I was able to setup the my SoundBar 500 and Bass 500, but the connection between the Bose Music and the Bose SoundBar 500 has been pretty much hit and miss. It's either the hardware or the software that is causing the issue. I am using a Asus RT-AC88U and the router and soundbar are all within 2 to 3 meters.

Community Manager

Hi im7778

Thanks for the update.

Just to confirm, have you been able to connect an ethernet cable from the soundbar to the router to see if it could be possible interference preventing the app to discover the system?  Could you also provide us a screen shot of the error you see when trying to use the speaker?  

Warm Regards,

Tony A