Highlighted
Orpheus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 7, 2018

Re: Home Speaker 500 not connecting to app

Shame there is no response anymore... And to my surprise I experienced the same issue with my new SoundTouch 10 (previously added SoundTouch devices working fine)

The procedure always got to the point when the new system has successfully connected to my regular wireless network (and thus disabled the built in temporary one).

At this point the SoundTouch app was not able to communicate/detect the device which was clearly visible on the network and accessible through browser by entering its IP.

So I kind of ruled out Speaker/SoundTouch HW, SoundTouch and Music apps, and looked again into the AP settings to see if there is anything I can adjust there...

So for all of you out there having problems while setting up (don't know if breakups after a day would be fixed this way too), check if anything on your wireless AP is somehow restricting Broadcast/Multicast. Apparently that's how the HW and apps communicate to establish a connection within a network (but somehow different than e.g. wireless printers etc, which don't show such issues) 

Highlighted
noodles
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 12, 2019

I am also having the same issues as all the other users.  The questions asked see below:

• Have you been able to power cycle the router as well when the issue happens? Yes
  • How far away is the system from the router? 1 metre
  • Does this issue happen on a different mobile device? I don't have other mobile devices
  • Is the mobile device on the same network as the speaker?     No, that is what I am trying to update! Perhaps it's the phone's connection is hopping to guest network? No
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi noodles,

Thanks for writing in! 

Can you clarify if this is a first time setup or it did connect to the network and now the app can't find it?

If it isn't detected during the setup process, let's see if trying to the alternate method helps.  Steps can be found HERE.

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Highlighted
Leksana
Silent Starter
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Tony, I have the same problem . I already wrote to your customer support a few weeks ago. No one answered me. What I have to do?! 

Don't give me any reccomendation because I tried all of them. It helps temporarly. Now it fully stopped to connect. Please, just tell me - when you will resolve this problem? I keep your Boss just because I like sound (I am a professional musician and have been worked much with sound) and the second reason - I got it very cheap. I have "Arris" modem-router. 

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi Leksana,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. If you have tried the recommended troubleshooting steps for a Home Speaker 500 that is not detected by the Bose Music app, I recommend that you reach out to one of our Technical Support agents by telephone. Networking issues can be complex to diagnose on the community forum, so we may have to troubleshoot in real-time. To find the appropriate phone number, select your country from this list and click Contact Us from the menu at the bottom of the page.

Best regards,

Patrick - Community Support

wertyuiop
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Hello. Today I got a new problem. While listening to one of the preset stations I am loading Internet, look at something on it, Boss automatically switch  on Bluetooth, then, a station does not work. I turn on a station again, but it does not work. I really suffering (still bad connection with my phone which I hope should work as a remote control) much with your Bose 500 smart home speaker. As a professional musician I only satisfied with the sound. I am lucky that I bought it very cheap. Otherwise you should be crazy to buy it for $400 plus tax.  

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi Wertyuiop, 

Many thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I am sorry to see you're having this issue.

Just to clarify, your Home Speaker 500 is able to connect to the Bose Music app on your phone, however when you are listening to a radio station, the app automatically switches to Bluetooth and will not allow audio to play from the internet radio once you switch it back?

Potentially I would recommend to uninstall the Bose Music app and re-install this to see if this may resolve the issue.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support

Highlighted
justinlsn80
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Mar 30, 2019

My bose home speaker 500 have same problem too .....

Highlighted
wertyuiop
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

I suppose that is its not resolved problem, but I bought it just for 182$, I like sound. These are two reasons I keep it.
Highlighted

Hi Justinlsn80 and Wertyuiop.

Thanks for your posts and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to see that you are having issues with your Home Speaker 500, however I would love to help. 

Could you both please update me on which troubleshooting steps from this thread you have attempted so far? 

Kind regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.