Highlighted

Re: Home Speaker 500 not connecting to app

Hi Peakibooo, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I have a few questions that I would like to ask to attempt to better understand your issue: 

• Have you attempted to delete and reinstall the app? 
  • Have you attempted to connect another device to the speaker?

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Peakibooo
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Apr 9, 2019

Yes, and yes. Those were my first 2 steps. I have also reset the device back to factory and rebooted, both the speaker and my iPads (2 separate iPads) all I get is device unavailable 
@Hector_B wrote:

Hi Peakibooo, 

Thanks for posting and updating me on this. I have a few questions that I would like to ask to attempt to better understand your issue: 

• Have you attempted to delete and reinstall the app? 
  • Have you attempted to connect another device to the speaker?

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted

Hi Peakibooo, 

Thanks for your fast reply. I am sorry to hear that didn't resolve the issue. On your device that you are connecting to your speaker can you please ensure that you don't have Wifi Assist enabled? 

On IOS you can check with by going to Settings > Mobile Data > Wifi Assist. This would cause your network to jump between the SoundTouch network and your actual Wifi Network. 

Can you please also confirm that you have tried the methods suggested above by Moderator Jeff? 

In regards to factory reset can you confirm that you followed these steps to fully Factory reset the device rather than a reboot. 

This can be done via Simultaneously press and hold the Volume - and AUX buttons for 10 seconds. The system will reboot into setup mode.

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
darksoul
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 2, 2017

I jus got the Soundbar 500 and I’m having the same problem. I rebooted and it connects fine but than if u power off the Soundbar it will not connect again. My WiFi is fine. I do have spectrum which was time warner. When I looked on the bose music app about my connection it said great. I love this speaker but this problem is killing me. Needs to be fixed. Will hooking it up by Ethernet solve problem because I will do that but I should not have to do that if I can use WiFi. WiFi should work
Highlighted

Hello darksoul, 

Thank you for your contribution to this thread.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem between your Soundbar 500 and the Bose Music App. 

Could you please confirm what is happening when you try to re-connect the Soundbar in the app? Does the Soundbar show in the app at all?

If the problem is with the Wi-Fi connection and/or possible interference, this may be a fix. However, I agree, we will work to get your product working via Wi-Fi.

I look forward to your response in order to further assist you with this.

Warm Regards,

Charlotte G 

wertyuiop
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

I almost forgot this problem (W-Fi connection) after fourth time as I exchanged my Bose 500 and installed everything including Alexa.. But a few days ago it came back. Bose App - fully dead. But I don' want to do any changes. I do love sound (I am a professional musician). But I suppose Bose need to do recall and fix this problem. 

Highlighted

Hi Wertyuiop, 

Thanks for posting and updating us on this. 

Can you please explain your issue a little further? 

Thanks, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
mmomtaz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 31, 2019

Hello 

i have same problem with Home Speaker 500 it is not connected to the App i tried he following :

1- restart the Speaker - Restart the Router - Ap

2- Reset the speaker By press Volume - & AUX

3- reinstall the App 

4- use other phone - samsung - iphone - ipad 

Thx

Highlighted

Hi mmomtaz, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. I appreciate the steps that you have already attempted and I am sorry to hear that these steps did not resolve your issue. 

So that I can get a better understanding of your step up can you please answer the following: 

• Do you have a dual band router? If so are the networks using the same network name? 
  • What internet provider are you using? 
  • Do you have any Wi-Fi extenders, Boosters or repeaters? 
  • Is your speaker running the latest software version? You can update your speaker by pressing the - button and the Bluetooth buttons at the same time. 

I look forward to your reply. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

Highlighted
wertyuiop
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jan 24, 2019

Bose techichians, could I teach you and give advise customers who have Bose 500 Smart Speakers?!  I suppose I have these rights because I changed 4 Boses and all of them have the same problem - lost Wi-Fi. What I am doing. Just two steps:

1. Disconnect (push the same time Bluetooth and Play "knobs" and hold them for 5 seconds) Bose from Wi-Fi:

2. Connect (push the same time Bluetooth and Play "knobs" and hold them for 5 seconds) Bose to Wi-Fi.

It takes around 20 seconds. I know - it is not convenient and it absolutelly terrible to do with such expensive thing,like Bose 500, but I like it and I bought it (new one) just for 180 dollars.